Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 06:23 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie4me View Post
It's weird, but of all the holidays it's probably the worst one for being single to me for some reason... Especially if you aren't doing anything tonight. I have a party I'm invited to, I might go to alleviate this feeling lol... Anyone else agree or think other holidays are worse?
I've never had a date for NYE and I'm sick tonight, so I'll be spending it home alone. There is someone I'm sort of interested in, so it would've at least been nice to hear from him, but I probably won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 06:27 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
New Year's Eve is one of the few holidays for adults, for personal enjoyment, for bawdy toasts and sobbing confessions and casual embracing of persons whom one shall never again meet. In contrast, it's Thanksgiving and Christmas that are the bedrock "family" holidays, where everyone's a parent or a child, where relatives shunt aside all differences and all non-relatives are just shunted aside. New Year's Eve is forward-looking. Thanksgiving and Christmas are backwards-looking. New Year's Eve is the best time to weave and warble plans for better holidays ahead!

And as our fragile little blue ball rotates Eastward and brings with darkness' onslaught time for yet another year, Ohio Peasant offers this: that all of us, whether neurotic or mellow, adequately-coupled or overwrought by febrile yearning for a Better or a New, make progress towards our goals, and so align our wishes with our wherewithal, that we don't disappoint ourselves, or fall too short of honoring our better natures!

Old 12-31-2014, 06:29 PM

251 posts, read 299,666 times
I'm so use to being single that I wouldn't have it any other way. Every holiday is just another day to me. Only difference is those days have a title.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:33 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
NYE is the best holiday to be single..Everybody is getting toasted and feeling randy.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:35 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
Single here on New Year's Eve. Valentine's Day is another difficult day to be single on.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:42 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
New Year's Eve is one of the few holidays for adults, for personal enjoyment, for bawdy toasts and sobbing confessions and casual embracing of persons whom one shall never again meet. In contrast, it's Thanksgiving and Christmas that are the bedrock "family" holidays, where everyone's a parent or a child, where relatives shunt aside all differences and all non-relatives are just shunted aside. New Year's Eve is forward-looking. Thanksgiving and Christmas are backwards-looking. New Year's Eve is the best time to weave and warble plans for better holidays ahead!

And as our fragile little blue ball rotates Eastward and brings with darkness' onslaught time for yet another year, Ohio Peasant offers this: that all of us, whether neurotic or mellow, adequately-coupled or overwrought by febrile yearning for a Better or a New, make progress towards our goals, and so align our wishes with our wherewithal, that we don't disappoint ourselves, or fall too short of honoring our better natures!
Great post, ohio.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:47 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Single here on New Year's Eve. Valentine's Day is another difficult day to be single on.
I agree 100%.

Old 12-31-2014, 07:18 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Single (divorced) here on NYE. Even when I was married, we argued more often than not, so it was like being alone anyway.
A friend asked me to come to her house for a drink, but there are already gonna be drunks on the road. And I told her, if I'm gonna have even one drink, I'm NOT gonna drive. End of story! I've never had a DUI in my life, and I'm seeing to it that I never will!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 07:20 PM

378 posts, read 441,607 times
Default I want to be alone but my gf won't allow it...

Holidays are overrated and I hate them
Women make them big deals than men

They are headache for me because I have two girlfriends

Blessed and cursed

Old 12-31-2014, 07:27 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie4me View Post
It's weird, but of all the holidays it's probably the worst one for being single to me for some reason... Especially if you aren't doing anything tonight. I have a party I'm invited to, I might go to alleviate this feeling lol... Anyone else agree or think other holidays are worse?
Haven't your heard that you're an "amateur" if you go out on NYE and fight the crowds and pay inflated prices for drinks and food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships