Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Whats a transman?
A person born female who feels male and changes his appearance/lifestyle to reflect that. He identified as a straight man on the dating site so he appeared in my matches, but he clearly states in his profile description that he's trans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 12:50 AM

286 posts, read 305,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Hey there!

Well..I'm 29 and technically single. I mean, I've been in a long-term relationship since 2012 (on & off), but I have never been engaged or married. No children either. Oh, and I'm a woman.

In all honesty, it's a bit depressing to me. I thought by now I would have been married and building a life with someone.

I've honestly focused more on dating than my career. But rest assuredly, I've had a decent career.

It's hard for me to deal with at times and I do sometimes get jealous of friends or other women I see who have what I want.

I've spent my whole life dating...and nothing has come of it. Well, since I was of dating age.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Are you 30+ and single? Does it bother you? If so, how do you cope?

Just curious!
I'm with you. It sucks. I've been in serious, long-term relationships before. I've led the single life before, long-term. I far prefer the former.

Dating is impossible. I go on an average of one date a year. I just don't get the women that go on fifty plus dates a year and all the guys somehow turn up crap, yet I never end up in that mix. Not sure what I'm lacking, but it's obviously lacking. Good career. Decent shape. Stay with it (maybe 30+ women hate this, actually). Peruse my passions. Confident in who I am. Love new experiences. No children. No baggage. Want to travel. ¯\(°_o)/¯

It doesn't bother me too much though, in the end. You just give up after a while and focus on other things. I obviously don't get what women want, and don't have much time to think about it. I just try to do the things I love, be in the places where they happen, and hope that a women in those venues gets me.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:01 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryborg View Post
I'm with you. It sucks. I've been in serious, long-term relationships before. I've led the single life before, long-term. I far prefer the former.

Dating is impossible. I go on an average of one date a year. I just don't get the women that go on fifty plus dates a year and all the guys somehow turn up crap, yet I never end up in that mix. Not sure what I'm lacking, but it's obviously lacking. Good career. Decent shape. Stay with it (maybe 30+ women hate this, actually). Peruse my passions. Confident in who I am. Love new experiences. No children. No baggage. Want to travel. ¯\(°_o)/¯

It doesn't bother me too much though, in the end. You just give up after a while and focus on other things. I obviously don't get what women want, and don't have much time to think about it. I just try to do the things I love, be in the places where they happen, and hope that a women in those venues gets me.
Hey man,

I've seen your posts on here over the past week or so. I also took a look at your profile picture, and you look like the kind of guy that a lot of hipster women would be into. At least here in LA in the trendy hipster-dominated areas (Venice, Silverlake, Echo Park, Los Feliz and increasingly now in Downtown LA) just about all of the most attractive women I've seen have been with guys that sported the same kind of look that you have goin. I noticed much the same thing in Williamsburg, NYC.

I don't know where you live, but maybe if you could hang out more in areas that have a lot of the hipster crowd, you might have better luck.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
i'm curious

what was the reason those ltr's you mentioned didnt end up in the dreaded m-word?

because isnt this the endgame for women ultimately when they meet and date a fellow that they like alot?

Old 01-08-2015, 03:45 AM

321 posts, read 372,403 times
I was single for well over half of my 30's and loved it. It has its advantages. You get to date a variety of different people (especially at that "sweet spot" age) or just do your own thing with no one to answer to.

Now I'm in a great relationship, and I love that, too, but for different reasons.

The way I see it, on a scale of 1-10, being in a great relationship is a 9, being single is an 8, and being in a bad relationship is a 1. I've never understood people who don't enjoy being single and would rather be in any relationship just to be in one.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:52 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Hey there!

Well..I'm 29 and technically single. I mean, I've been in a long-term relationship since 2012 (on & off), but I have never been engaged or married. No children either. Oh, and I'm a woman.

In all honesty, it's a bit depressing to me. I thought by now I would have been married and building a life with someone.

I've honestly focused more on dating than my career. But rest assuredly, I've had a decent career.

It's hard for me to deal with at times and I do sometimes get jealous of friends or other women I see who have what I want.

I've spent my whole life dating...and nothing has come of it. Well, since I was of dating age.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Are you 30+ and single? Does it bother you? If so, how do you cope?

Just curious!

It is mainliy depressing around holiday time being single and 30. On the bright side I have more money for myself, can do as I please, travel, pay no chilid support or alimony. So therefore I'm happy because of the negatives of being in relationships that I have seen many have failed in and around me. I'm going to start looking for a wife around 35.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:05 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
I'm 30 and turning 31 in June, so my biological clock is rushing me to move it along. It can be depressing at times, but Im fairly optimistic that I'll find someone within the year.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:11 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
Hey man,

I've seen your posts on here over the past week or so. I also took a look at your profile picture, and you look like the kind of guy that a lot of hipster women would be into. At least here in LA in the trendy hipster-dominated areas (Venice, Silverlake, Echo Park, Los Feliz and increasingly now in Downtown LA) just about all of the most attractive women I've seen have been with guys that sported the same kind of look that you have goin. I noticed much the same thing in Williamsburg, NYC.

I don't know where you live, but maybe if you could hang out more in areas that have a lot of the hipster crowd, you might have better luck.

I agree. Dude has got the look. Shouldn't have an issue. Especially as a dude into music production.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:14 AM

72 posts, read 65,894 times
I'm 35, and I'm a male. But yes, I would prefer to be in a relationship, and it does sort of depress me.

I had a very bad relationship in my early 30's that made me stop dating altogether for a few years.

I recently started again, and it's been pretty underwhelming. I met a girl in October that I dated for a couple of months that I really liked, but for a number of reasons it didn't work out. Nobody did anything wrong and it was amicable, mutual break up, but it still made me really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Well, I'm 43, and single. I'm seeing someone (6 mos now) but haven't had anything longer than a few months for the few years before then (I was engaged in my late 30s but it didn't work out, which is good in hindsight). Totally cool with it. I hang alone, hang some with friends, date here and there, had a couple of FWBs that came and went and a couple that were steady since my mid 30s. Love my job (took a long time to get one where I can say that), and I've been traveling. I've been to 6 countries in the last 8 years. No complaints. Life is good. If coupling improves that, great, though I can hardly see it getting much better than I have it.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships