Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 05:01 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,412 times

Advertisements

We been texting for 2 months or so. I asked if she wanted to hang out. She said yeah. She later tells me she can't because her mom won't let her because we never met. She said her mom invited e to come to their house and meet them. She is 18 I am 21. I don't know what to think

I know her mom wants to make sure I am not a weirdo or something.

I told her I am open about it but told her we can maybe meet close to her home, to get to know each other first, then maybe I can meet her mom.

I don't know what to think

I mean there our couples our age who are in relationships for a long time and have never met each other's parents.

I don't even know if we are even compatible or not, even if we will be friends. I have taken girls out that I already knew, but since I don't know her in real life and she wants me to meet her mom that is a first.

She also has a dad but I think the mom is the one that wants to meet me first, I don't think the dad will be there through.

I don't find it weird or anything, it's just the first time it has happened to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 05:03 PM

73 posts, read 84,735 times
Why are you texting for 2 months bro? If it takes longer than a week or so to meet in person, move on.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:08 PM

By the way her family and her are kinda religious

I will have to meet both her mom and her, so I guess I will have to worry about both liking me

Old 01-08-2015, 05:14 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,620,761 times
Sounds like they are a close-knit family. The religious part makes sense. Is the woman an only child? Only children can be especially close to their parents (I am one and I am). For her to say she's "not allowed" to hang out with you at 18 seems a little weird to me, but then again if she still lives with her parents, it kind of makes sense.

I wouldn't think much of it until you meet them. And yeah, I would encourage you to go through with it. If you get the mom's approval right away, you're golden Nah really, I never balked from meeting parents because parents always liked me. So I'd go for it if I were you.

As an aside, I personally never had issues with my boyfriends being close to family. My second one was an only child like myself. He was a huge mama's boy, though, and she made practically every decision in his life for him. I really hated that. I'm not saying this girl is going to turn out like that at all. It's just something to keep in mind if it rears its head in the future (assuming there is one).

Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie4me View Post
Why are you texting for 2 months bro? If it takes longer than a week or so to meet in person, move on.
Actually is barely gonna be a month in a couple of days. I asked her three times. She said she wanted to know me more the first too times. I said ok. The third time she said yes but then she said that a couple days later.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Sounds like they are a close-knit family. The religious part makes sense. Is the woman an only child? Only children can be especially close to their parents (I am one and I am). For her to say she's "not allowed" to hang out with you at 18 seems a little weird to me, but then again if she still lives with her parents, it kind of makes sense.

I wouldn't think much of it until you meet them. And yeah, I would encourage you to go through with it. If you get the mom's approval right away, you're golden Nah really, I never balked from meeting parents because parents always liked me. So I'd go for it if I were you.

As an aside, I personally never had issues with my boyfriends being close to family. My second one was an only child like myself. He was a huge mama's boy, though, and she made practically every decision in his life for him. I really hated that. I'm not saying this girl is going to turn out like that at all. It's just something to keep in mind if it rears its head in the future (assuming there is one).
No she is actually the oldest of three.

And yeah I know what you mean

I am a pretty likable guy with older woman, I give a nice guy impression.

But this is the first time meeting the girl.

Actually what she exactly said is that I can come over to there house

So maybe they just want to see me for a couple of minutes then maybe we can hang out in her room or the living room while they are in their rooms

Old 01-08-2015, 05:46 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Ok so go meet her and her mom. You like her, she obviously likes you. Whats the problem? Shes not asking you to marry her. Maybe shes very family oriented and the relationship with her mother is important to her and wants you to be part of that as her boyfriend.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:49 PM

986 posts, read 1,864,448 times
Just go meet her and her mom. You'll never know until you go! Maybe you guys will really hit it off. Maybe not... You won't know until you go.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:00 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
I guess I'll behave this time and not make a colorful comment that this thread is begging for

Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
Go and see her mom. Or not. But if not, leave her be. She is not making an unreasonable request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships