Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,079,897 times

Advertisements

Alright so I have not told her anything. But I am for meeting the mom

Is she special or super hot? I don't know I've never seen her in real life

Ok but how would I approach them. What can I say. I have never been in this situation were I am making a first impression on the mom and daughter at the same time

I mean like I said I am up for it, but how do I do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 05:49 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,074,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Alright so I have not told her anything. But I am for meeting the mom

Is she special or super hot? I don't know I've never seen her in real life

Ok but how would I approach them. What can I say. I have never been in this situation were I am making a first impression on the mom and daughter at the same time

I don't understand why this is difficult.

You get her address, you drive there, and you meet them. Use your best manners, be polite, and then take the girl out to dinner.

Are you too intimidated to meet her parents???

Old 01-09-2015, 09:35 AM

2,232 posts, read 3,381,093 times
Quote:

My goodness, it's not that difficult!! You drive to her house. You ring the doorbell. If the daughter answers the door, be polite, say it's nice to meet her. She'll invite you in. When the Mom comes around, introduce yourself if the daughter doesn't already do so, shake hands and say it's nice to meet her.

You just need to show that you have manners and are polite.

Haven't you ever met an adult before?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:29 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,079,897 times
Take it easy guys

Why everytime someone asks a question you have to gang up on the person.

I know you guys and your relationship aren't perfect

Old 01-09-2015, 11:09 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,289,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
My goodness, it's not that difficult!! You drive to her house. You ring the doorbell. If the daughter answers the door, be polite, say it's nice to meet her. She'll invite you in. When the Mom comes around, introduce yourself if the daughter doesn't already do so, shake hands and say it's nice to meet her.

You just need to show that you have manners and are polite.

Haven't you ever met an adult before?
Exactly. Some people seem to make such a big deal about meeting the parents.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:41 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,760,273 times
Did you ever meeting or are you still texting two years later?

Old 02-06-2017, 11:57 PM

169 posts, read 115,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
go meet the mom, and be on your best behavior. take a couple of these with you, one for her and one for mom;

Amazon.com - 20" Plush Flowers with Bendable Stems - Choice of Color - 1/ea. (Turquoise) - Plush Animal Toys
LOL. Sorry but I don't think the OP or the girl or her mom will like that. Unless they have special needs.

Quote:
Take it easy guys

Why everytime someone asks a question you have to gang up on the person.

I know you guys and your relationship aren't perfect
Yeah. I actually don't want to start any thread anymore here too. Some people can really be a know it all like they ACTUALLY are living what you are living.

But, since the girl is still 18, I don't see anything wrong with the girl's mom's request. Maybe not their home though, starbucks?

Old 02-07-2017, 03:47 AM

1,752 posts, read 3,760,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianrocker View Post
LOL. Sorry but I don't think the OP or the girl or her mom will like that. Unless they have special needs.

Yeah. I actually don't want to start any thread anymore here too. Some people can really be a know it all like they ACTUALLY are living what you are living.

But, since the girl is still 18, I don't see anything wrong with the girl's mom's request. Maybe not their home though, starbucks?
FYI You're replying to a two year old thread.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:19 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,845,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadingedge04 View Post
Did you ever meeting or are you still texting two years later?
Looks like someone new(er.)
Relationship experts! College student needs your help!

Old 02-09-2017, 12:57 PM

32,685 posts, read 48,227,692 times
When you are dating a teenager who lives at home with her parents, it's standard operating procedure for parents of teenage (probably high school) girls to meet any gentleman who will be going out with their daughter.

Don't like it? Date someone closer to your own age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships