Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 07:49 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,422,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I dont think so at all..... Women are receptive to me, just not at a high frequency. I can make women laugh, which I think is a big deal. I know this because I like funny women myself. If a girl can make me laugh, her looks are not even part of the equation for me anymore, seriously.

General question for alot of the guys in here. When you were single(or if you still are), how many women a week did you try to talk to? And please be honest(dont give me nonsense about "oh I talked to 15 a day"). Im starting to think maybe I need to try to talk to more women at a higher volume(only if I have a good opportunity. Im not much for talking to women at a gas station or grocery store).
Perhaps you give off vibes like it is a numbers game.

I can definitely sense when a guy isn't being himself, and thinks he has to 'act' a certain way to charm the ladies and it comes off across as a guy not being so sure of himself- either he overcompensates by puffing his chest out and walking around like a macho man or he's using lines that are cliche "what sports are you into?" Sometimes, it's even the fact that he's got an agenda that makes our whole interaction seem so calculating I get turned off.

Depends on the woman in question also. Maybe you like certain types of girls, but those types of girls want a guy who's going to be authentic even if he's rough around the edges. And, some ladies do like guys who walk around like they're reading off of a script.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 07:52 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,110,164 times
Quote:
I dont think so at all..... Women are receptive to me, just not at a high frequency. I can make women laugh, which I think is a big deal. I know this because I like funny women myself. If a girl can make me laugh, her looks are not even part of the equation for me anymore, seriously.

General question for alot of the guys in here. When you were single(or if you still are), how many women a week did you try to talk to? And please be honest(dont give me nonsense about "oh I talked to 15 a day"). Im starting to think maybe I need to try to talk to more women at a higher volume(only if I have a good opportunity. Im not much for talking to women at a gas station or grocery store).
Could be. It's mainly about being friendly and neighborly when you're out and about; talking to women as they cross your path. There's a guy who posts here fairly regularly who said he would talk to several women/day. Just being friendly, and if something comes of it, great, and if nothing comes of it, well he had a nice chat with an attractive woman--also great.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:02 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times
Quote:

I'm pretty social whenever in public and talk to anyone (women, men, teens, kids) Its just lately, my only social outlet has been talking to business clients, either in meetings or phone (mainly phone). But i would say about several woman a week when I'm out and about and not busy with other things.

Old 01-14-2015, 12:11 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,213,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yeah, I didn't realize you were black. I know several of the black posters here (myself included) prefer to date interracially so if that's your thing too, I'd guess that being black is the bigger issue than your looks or personality. Nothing you can do about that though.
Just read this thread, I suspected that this was where the OP was headed from page 1

Old 01-14-2015, 12:00 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,322,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
I think you over-analyze and nitpick things, which probably means you're insecure under your front of self-confidence. Women do not want a man who is more emotional than they are. That is the root of your problem.
I think everybody has insecurities, and most people probably try to hide or minimize their insecurities by acting like they either don't have them or are not troubled excessively by them. Women are insecure; men are insecure. But we love to reward people for acting like they are secure even when they are riddled with insecurity. I guess if the performance is believable enough then that's all that matters.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,720 times
you probably need to work on your game if everyone tells you have the physical part down.

i went on a tinder date this weekend.. guy was totally good looking, nice body, but he expressed doubt, the way he asked to kiss me was weird, and after our weird kiss he commented on how he doesnt think he's a good kisser. Don't doubt yourself in front of a girl..its a vag killer.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,209,512 times
maybe you're choosing the wrong women. If you're an a+ guy like others have said of you, then women should be crawling to be with you. Maybe you're choosing the unavailable.

Old 01-15-2015, 03:54 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,395,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Women are attracted to confidence and having a I'm awesome and I don't care what people think type attitude, without being too cocky or conceded. The fact that your sitting here justifying yourself saying some people say I'm a good looking dude, etc. Your basically allowing strangers to give you value as a person. YOu have to have the attitude your a high value dude and a girl would be lucky to be with you. That attitude attracts people. This I'm unsure about myself is a huge turnoff to women. I think you just gotta fake it til you become it. If you don't feel that way now act like you do and eventually you'll believe your own hype.
Indeed...do your own thing and the right women will come...

Old 01-15-2015, 07:22 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,882,871 times
When I was 16 I spent my summer vacations in Playa del Rey (Calif) at my mum's friend condo .
Those were the 70's , free-wheeling times as they come, and a pretty womanfriend of the people here, in her late twenties, told me "OMG, do you know you are extremely good looking?" I was maybe wrong , but it led me to believe she had a sexual interest in me.The mere thought of it (I was still a virgin) made me red faced.
... and so I answered in the stupidest way "I"m French ma'am, I don't understand what you are saying". But of course being red faced meant I had perfectly understood and that I was lying , so she answered , a bit scornful, but with a big smile : "I believe you understood me perfectly well".
I was so ashamed of my own lack of social skills , I lowered my eyes and literally fled the scene!

Old 01-15-2015, 07:24 AM

658 posts, read 848,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yes, I do have a double standard. I feel that it is generally okay for men to sleep around, but not women. I am fine with this mindset and openly express this belief (even in real life).

The thing is that every man that I know that is successfully married ALSO feels this way. They just don't express it as much due to the social stigma that comes with denouncing feminist beliefs. However, they privately advise me to NEVER seriously date anyone that sleeps around.

Interestingly, my successfully married female friends say the same thing.

Are you successfully married? My guess is no.

Again, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you want a girl for a fun time, keep doing things the way you're doing them. If you want something serious with a woman that has values, avoid the ones that will sleep with you too easily.

Just what I've observed and experienced.

I've noticed the opposite. I notice that men don't care how much a woman sleeps/slept around when it comes to marriage.

Women, your body is your body. All if these 'rules' for marriage are not that crucial to a lot if men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships