Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 10:40 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,112,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Actually, I meant "breach". Spelling error on my part. We had a really good time last night. Had drinks with her, spent the night. There's still some uncertainty hanging in the balance, but I'm just going to roll with it for now. She even texted me this morning telling me she had a great time. I'm making her dinner tomorrow night.
What's the uncertainty? Is sex and sleeping over getting in the way of seeing things clearly?

Old 01-22-2015, 10:41 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,218,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh au contraire mon frere, I have enjoyed this thread very much. It is a great insight into the mind of some men. It has however, displayed your over analysis of dating. But nonetheless thoroughly entertaining, so no need for being bitchy to me.

Again, I can't control what other posters post here. Most of my comments on this thread have been responses to questions asked of me. I try to be a good OP by responding to my audience.

Not trying to be bitchy to you, just telling how how it is.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:43 AM

102,373 posts, read 108,666,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What's the uncertainty? Is sex and sleeping over getting in the way of seeing things clearly?
lol! Ya think?

Old 01-22-2015, 10:51 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,218,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
So a couple things from last night.

I asked her about how she felt about us and the direction our relationship was going. She said she was very happy with us, enjoyed me very much, but she wanted to take it slow because she's been hurt in the past. Fair enough. Won't read much else into that.

Another thing happened at the bar that sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Trying not to over analyze it though. We went out because I had agreed to buy her a drink over a fun little bet we made. She ended up ordering a few drinks. So when the bill came (almost $100; it was kind of a fancy place I guess), I jokingly (but seriously) told her I would buy her the one drink I had agreed to. Well, she sort of made a small fuss over that, even asked me if I had entertainment money in my budget, but she ended up buying her other drinks. Nothing came of it afterwards, but I found that to be kind of odd.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:57 AM

321 posts, read 294,377 times
Quote:

Another thing happened at the bar that sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Trying not to over analyze it though. We went out because I had agreed to buy her a drink over a fun little bet we made. She ended up ordering a few drinks. So when the bill came (almost $100; it was kind of a fancy place I guess), I jokingly (but seriously) told her I would buy her the one drink I had agreed to. Well, she sort of made a small fuss over that, even asked me if I had entertainment money in my budget, but she ended up buying her other drinks. Nothing came of it afterwards, but I found that to be kind of odd.

When you offer to buy someone a drink when you're going out, it usually doesn't mean one drink or it isn't limited to one drink.

This sounds like a wreck. You're pointing out that you'll "buy the one drink that (you) agreed to". Who does this to someone they've been on many dates with and has slept with? Forehead slapping move.

As does her making a fuss and her entertainment budget comments. Those were just not nice, and I suspect in retaliation, but still, not nice. She sounds, well, I don't think I care for her.

This is just ridiculous at all levels.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:59 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,779,200 times
Quote:
That isn't "odd", it's being a total spoiled cow.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:05 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,680,299 times
Quote:

I asked her about how she felt about us and the direction our relationship was going. She said she was very happy with us, enjoyed me very much, but she wanted to take it slow because she's been hurt in the past. Fair enough. Won't read much else into that.
So she's ok with having sex with you, but just doesn't want to initiate conversation when you're not together since she's been hurt in the past. Ok.

Quote:
Geez, she's a lush too?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:14 AM

321 posts, read 294,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post

Geez, she's a lush too?

Haha, where did that come from?

Old 01-22-2015, 11:14 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,112,834 times
Quote:

I get so tired of that line "I've been hurt in the past". We all have. If you haven't resolved it, stop dating until you do.

What exactly is "taking it slow"? You were already having a physical relationship a couple of dates in, so the only slow thing I see is her communication with you in between those times.

The entertainment budget would've finished things off for me. I've never in my life had someone fund an expensive bar bill for me. I'm sorry to be pessimistic, but based on what you wrote, I don't feel very hopeful this is the right fit for you.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,779,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Geez, she's a lush too?
I don't think she's a lush. She is pretty entitled though. Going on a date and spending someone elses $100 on drinks isn't something I would do that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships