Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:31 AM

545 posts, read 631,995 times

Advertisements

For a long time now I've been talking with a girl I met through couch surfing. Right before the holidays we had a date that went weird. I had planned on spending the first half building up for when we went back to her place for some baby sitting she had to do however I found out right as she was going for that I wasn't going to be able to go. I didn't even have 5 minutes to improvise, I was just dropped off at the station to leave.

After that we spent about a week trying to call each other but whenever I called she had to leave within two minutes and she kept calling when I was out. Eventually I ended up calling and she just abruptly said "I'm with someone right now" as if I should have known to f off. I didn't really lose momentum but every response after that (during the call) was a reiteration of I should f off and that should have been clear (she started the call off normally).

Right before christmas she left for a long international trip and she called me but I missed it. I tried to call back once but she didn't answer then I gave a few emails saying I would call but then I decided to wait until after her trip because I didn't want to deal with calling her when I knew she would be busy.

The problem is right during new years I lost 95% of my hearing in my left ear and about 60% in right ear due to an ear infection. I had enough hearing to functionally take a phone call or buy stuff at a counter but I could not hold conversations with people right in front on me.

I told her in email that that happened. It is only now starting to clear up but I still have a loud ringing in my ear and don't yet know if any of that will be permanent. Also my brother started living in my living room and he has a lot of issues with drugs etc and I'm trying to help him get integrated in to philly. I really don't want to call her until this is all dealt with but she is emailing me. Because of the holidays and this ear infection we haven't even had a call in more than a month.

I know for a fact I'm not willing to go out and do anything that could risk the ear infection getting worse (I got it from simply walking about 14 blocks without a head cap on). Should I call her? Just keep emailing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Keep emailing. Phone hasn't been good to you.

BTW, cold doesn't cause ear infections. You most likely got the ear infection when a bacterium nestled in some fluid in your ear. I assume (hope) you saw an ENT?

Do you wear earbuds a lot?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:55 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Wait, so during your first date you were scheming to go back to her babysitting job because you thought you could get her to have sex with you while she was taking care of someone else' kids?

Huh.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:02 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

BTW, cold doesn't cause ear infections. You most likely got the ear infection when a bacterium nestled in some fluid in your ear. I assume (hope) you saw an ENT?

I got a tinnitus through a cold and have a ringing ear since. It is possible.

OP, besides the phone calling - it doesn't seem like she is the right one for you. Too much weird stuff going on.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:06 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
Just not meant to be.

Get well soon.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:07 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I got a tinnitus through a cold and have a ringing ear since. It is possible.
"A cold" is different from being out "in the cold," which is what the OP said.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:22 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Aww feel better. Why not just E-mail until you feel better.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:37 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I ruptured my eardrum last year, and it took like a month for my hearing return to normal..so I can sympathize.. If it's just an infection, you can usually clear that up pretty quick. Pour half a cap of hydrogen peroxide in your ear while laying on your side. Just let it bubble until it stops ( ~ 15min) then drain, and repeat on the other side. This cleanses, kills bacteria, and helps unclog wax buildup. Doing this on a semi-regular basis will also help prevent future infections.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

Imo every time communication is done through text a slow death is happening. I saw an ENT and got some prescriptions that are slowly restoring hearing.

I'm thinking I should just call her to catch up on what's been going on.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wait, so during your first date you were scheming to go back to her babysitting job because you thought you could get her to have sex with you while she was taking care of someone else' kids?

Huh.
It wasn't exactly our first date and I was not scheming to have anything lol. To my understanding it was just one kid who was pretty young and would have probably fallen asleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships