Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 05:11 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
dense
dens/Submit
adjective

informal
(of a person) stupid.
synonyms: stupid, unintelligent, ignorant, brainless, mindless, foolish, slow, witless, simpleminded, empty-headed, vacuous, vapid, idiotic, imbecilic; More

If that was not your intention -- okay, my apologies.
And where is "charming" in there? I'm not sure why you're using the word "dense" as I never used it and you're the one who correlated it with "charming".

I'm done. You've successfully dragged this thread WAY off topic and, to use your own words, it's truly "a waste of my time".

Old 02-04-2015, 05:15 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Are you actually kidding me? This is only the second time you have EVER mentioned Africa. Do not even try to tell me that you've been talking about africa this whole time.

Jesus take the wheel.

Being gay isn't even legal in most african countries. OF COURSE that is not the cause for spread there. Of course I'm talking about the western world -- where being gay is more accepted. You just a took a huge leap -- you're talking about something else entirely. For god's sake.

I'm honestly floored: "of course in the western world there is correlation, but not in africa!"

What a waste of my time.

Oh man what a reading comprehension fail on your part. Of course I wasn't talking about Africa the entire time. Good God.

Being gay legal? What? It wasn't legal here for eons, yet it still existed. Are you trying to say that gays don't exist in Africa because it isn't legal? What the heck are you talking about?

No, we're talking about the world. Orientation is not the risk factor. We see that clearly. It is the actions that are the risk factor. If orientation was the risk factor, it would be the risk factor every ourwhere, and the stats would support that. It isn't. It is sexual activities (and IV drug use) that are the risk factors.

You're a nice kid, but please.

Twice now you've stated that if gay guys have sex they're going to be having an*l sex. That alone shows that you really don't have a clue yet.

And have you heard yet the term "correlation is not causation"? If you haven't, learn it, know it. Its incredibly important in both science and stats as well as other disciplines. Just because there is a correlation in a region of a disease with a population, it doesn't mean being in the population is the reason for it. The population (unless it is a genetic based disease) isn't the risk factor.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:21 PM

718 posts, read 616,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh man what a reading comprehension fail on your part. Of course I wasn't talking about Africa the entire time. Good God.

Being gay legal? What? It wasn't legal here for eons, yet it still existed. Are you trying to say that gays don't exist in Africa because it isn't legal? What the heck are you talking about?

No, we're talking about the world. Orientation is not the risk factor. We see that clearly. It is the actions that are the risk factor. If orientation was the risk factor, it would be the risk factor every ourwhere, and the stats would support that. It isn't. It is sexual activities (and IV drug use) that are the risk factors.

You're a nice kid, but please.

Twice now you've stated that if gay guys have sex they're going to be having an*l sex. That alone shows that you really don't have a clue yet.
1) Okay, don't even go there. I didn't say that. Don't try to put words in my mouth. Of course people engage in homosexual behaviour, but I think it's safe to say that because you can get your head cut off in some areas, it makes it a little less prevalent than in the western world. Do people still do it? Of course.

2) No, if you're going to throw Africa into the mix -- There are several factors which have to do with a multitude of things. It's not anal or unprotected sex -- just stop. Seriously. That has do with the so many other social, economic, political, cultural forces.

3) Again, you're trying to turn this into something it is not. I haven't said that and I've already explained the misunderstanding. You either suffer from amnesia or you're just trying to make that stick so you can come off like you know better.

Nice kid?

From the person who's trying to tell me that drug use and unprotected sex are the leading cause of HIV in Africa?????

Honestly, how do people like you get away with trying to pass that **** up for facts? Don't breed, please.

God, I'm not responding to this further. Utter waste.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:32 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
1) Okay, don't even go there. I didn't say that. Don't try to put words in my mouth. Of course people engage in homosexual behaviour, but I think it's safe to say that because you can get your head cut off in some areas, it makes it a little less prevalent than in the western world. Do people still do it? Of course.
Again, you're confusing things. Being gay isn't less prevalent, there is no evidence for this. Engaging in same sex actions may be less prevalent. Those are two different things. Orientations are not actions.

Quote:
2) No, if you're going to throw Africa into the mix -- There are several factors which have to do with a multitude of things. It's not anal or unprotected sex -- just stop. Seriously. That has do with the so many other social, economic, political, cultural forces.

3) Again, you're trying to turn this into something it is not. I haven't said that and I've already explained the misunderstanding. You either suffer from amnesia or you're just trying to make that stick so you can come off like you know better.

Nice kid?

From the person who's trying to tell me that drug use and unprotected sex are the leading cause of HIV in Africa?????

Honestly, how do people like you get away with trying to pass that **** up for facts? Don't breed, please.

God, I'm not responding to this further. Utter waste.

Amnesia? You said it for a second time just a little while ago. You repeated yourself just about 45 min ago:

Quote:

A women and a man having sex, with protection, run a lesser risk of contracting this disease, than say, two gay males, using protection, because

a) The heterosexual can, and will most likely, be having vaginal sex
and
b) The homosexual couple will definitely be engaging in anal sex (where the rectum tears) and condoms break sometimes.

And yes, there are many factors in the mix, mostly risky sexual actions. It isn't orientation! (In Africa is mostly has to do with migration of men for labor and use of prostitutes, then returning home and passing infections... thanks, but this is pretty well documented)

Quote:

Did I say or imply that? Nope. Never did. You're making that up. I said (and posted a citation) that HIV in Africa is primarily a heterosexual issue in Africa. So would being straight be a risk factor? Of course not. It's the sexual actions that are the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships