Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date an ugly woman?
Yes 10 22.73%
No 34 77.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:53 AM

252 posts, read 349,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Ugly by who's standards? My own or that of others?

I only date people attractive to me - and whether or not they happen to be desirable to anyone else is irrelevant to me. While I am assured my current partners are quite high in demand and attractiveness - I find this could not be less relevant to me if I tried.

_I_ need to be attracted to every aspect of a person before I enter into that kind of relationship with them. Inside and out.
In my opinion, most people are average to ugly anyway. The ones that are attractive are the ones who know how to put themselves together and are thin, in shape, know how to dress, and know how to apply makeup. Those who don't have one or more of these things going for them are simply not attractive.

I learned this lesson in Italy. In general, most men consider Italian women the best looking. When I was over there, I must say I had to agree. But then I started looking closely at their faces and noticed that their basic faces were nothing special. It was their svelte figures and the pride they took in their appearance that made the Italian woman attractive.

You won't find a lot of American-style fatsos in Rome. In fact, it was quite a shock getting into the USAir plain back to the United States. The minute I walked into the plane, I thought I had just walked into an American Walmart.

So basically, thin + a sense of style = attractive.

Last edited by WheresTheBeef; 02-27-2015 at 10:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 10:29 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK... I'm not sure a good/hot body wouldn't work for me. There is a woman in my office and she's got a pretty nice figure, but she takes your breath away she is so unattractive, I feel bad saying that cause she seems like a nice lady, but damn..... The first time I saw her I did a double take I was so surprised.........
You could have cut this post in half by just calling her a butterface.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua90 View Post
If you knew a girl who was very nice, sweet, caring and had a great personality, but she is physically unnatractive. She is a an ugly woman.

Would you date this woman?
While I would not consider her ugly, if there is absolutely no attraction, I would not date her.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
IDK... I'm not sure a good/hot body wouldn't work for me. There is a woman in my office and she's got a pretty nice figure, but she takes your breath away she is so unattractive, I feel bad saying that cause she seems like a nice lady, but damn..... The first time I saw her I did a double take I was so surprised.........
I knew a lady like that when I was in college. Body of Athena, face of Medusa. Never seen such a distance between face and body.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:44 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,992,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I knew a lady like that when I was in college. Body of Athena, face of Medusa. Never seen such a distance between face and body.
I laughed wayyyyy harder at this post than I thought possible.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:48 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
Quote:
What a nice pleasant well thought out articulated response.
While some people need to have an overall picture/presentation, there are certain times in a person's life, where a brief erotic encounter is needed. Sometimes, a person will pursue this type of encounter with someone who isn't necessarily their ideal partner. They may compromise their ideals, in order to fulfill their needs. It may be a person with less than ideal characteristics than they would typically go after. It may be personality, but typically they will compromise looks, in this case. Terms such as slumming it.....or double bagger...butter face etc... are terms typically used to describe these fleeting encounters. While double bagging could lead to asphyxiation, DS is preferred, and less likely to cause suffocation, unless burying one's face in the pillow is some kink of theirs. Better?

Old 02-27-2015, 11:02 AM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Quote:
As much as I'd like to be PC and say I would, I probably wouldn't. It sounds good in theory, but you have to have a little attraction physically speaking. Luckily I don't think that there are really that many truly ugly people out there, most are average/attractive enough and you have the outliers on either end.
Many people say it's shallow to only pursue people to whom you are attracted, but to me, physical attraction is the main driving force between the sexes: the desire to procreate with someone you find sexually appealing seems a given. It seems unnatural to ignore physical beauty and pretend as if it's some outlying, unimportant factor when pursuing a potential mate.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:08 AM

52,273 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You could have cut this post in half by just calling her a butterface.
I suppose, I was trying to not be offensive to others on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Many people say it's shallow to only pursue people to whom you are attracted, but to me, physical attraction is the main driving force between the sexes: the desire to procreate with someone you find sexually appealing seems a given. It seems unnatural to ignore physical beauty and pretend as if it's some outlying, unimportant factor when pursuing a potential mate.
Yeah, I get that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
While some people need to have an overall picture/presentation, there are certain times in a person's life, where a brief erotic encounter is needed. Sometimes, a person will pursue this type of encounter with someone who isn't necessarily their ideal partner. They may compromise their ideals, in order to fulfill their needs. It may be a person with less than ideal characteristics than they would typically go after. It may be personality, but typically they will compromise looks, in this case. Terms such as slumming it.....or double bagger...butter face etc... are terms typically used to describe these fleeting encounters. While double bagging could lead to asphyxiation, DS is preferred, and less likely to cause suffocation, unless burying one's face in the pillow is some kink of theirs. Better?
I'm at work and can do limited searches online to research terms as I'm afraid the firewall will flag certain things.

I assumed that "DS" was a pejorative for oral sex.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:17 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua90 View Post
If you knew a girl who was very nice, sweet, caring and had a great personality, but she is physically unnatractive. She is a an ugly woman.

Would you date this woman?
If I couldn't find anything to be attracted to about this woman, and yet she seemed to be very into me, I might give her a chance.

There's just too much for me to factor in to write a woman off just for what she looks like. I have found myself attracted to women whom I didn't really find attractive before.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:19 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I think we need to expand on the answer a little bit. No woman is truly ugly. Most women can look good if they take care of themselves. Usually if somebody is truly ugly and not taking care of themselves there is something deeper going on.

I mean if I don't shave or cut my hair people will think of me as weird as well.
Quoted for Agreement.

I just didn't feel like saying something to that effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships