Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 05:45 PM

765 posts, read 987,315 times

Advertisements

On your overall view of your marriage have you concluded that a marriage is better by having kids or not having kids?
Whats your opinion and view on this topic?
Is a childfree marriage better or a child marriage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
I'm sorry but this is a really, really stupid question. You don't have children to make a marriage better and you don't not have children to make a marriage better. You either want children or you don't. A child free marriage is better for a couple that doesn't want children and a marriage with children is better for a couple that wants children.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I'm sorry but this is a really, really stupid question. You don't have children to make a marriage better and you don't not have children to make a marriage better. You either want children or you don't. A child free marriage is better for a couple that doesn't want children and a marriage with children is better for a couple that wants children.
Agreed with this, a silly questions. It boils down to if someone wants kids or not. There's no definite answer. It will vary depending.

For me personally, a child-free marriage is great, as I don't care for children or the 22+ years of responsibilty of any. lol

Old 03-14-2015, 06:16 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
All depends on the couple.

I hope to shout that they consider the changes that happen when having kids!!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 03-14-2015 at 06:54 PM..

Old 03-14-2015, 06:46 PM

718 posts, read 616,274 times
God, this topic has been beaten to death, no?

Old 03-14-2015, 06:51 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Kind of a cart before the horse deal.

Most people discuss children and all long before marriage and within the context of a normal well adjusted relationship children aren't used as pawns to make a marriage better.

I'd venture to say that the early days of child rearing can stress a marriage, if anything........

Old 03-14-2015, 07:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
On your overall view of your marriage have you concluded that a marriage is better by having kids or not having kids?
Whats your opinion and view on this topic?
Is a childfree marriage better or a child marriage?
I prefer to have children without the marriage. Preferably with different women to keep it interesting and exciting.

[not really ]

Old 03-15-2015, 05:13 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
God, this topic has been beaten to death, no?
See, and you haven't even been on here that long!

This is what happens on CD-R. The same stuff gets posted and debated over and over again.

Unfortunately most of us are here mainly out of boredom, so we keep stupid threads going for a long long time.

This thread is newer so it only has sensible comments thus far. Sometime around the fifth or sixth page--maybe tomorrow because people will be back at work and not wanting to do anything because it is Monday--the arguments will begin with the usual guys posting data about how a woman is "all dried up" after 30 and the usual woman trying to counter their arguments.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:02 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,853 times
I have always heard the "only stupid question is the one unasked." and I really do not care for the word "stupid" in reference to what a person posts/thinks/says.

With that said, I think that before two people get seriously involved with one another, that is a very important subject to discuss. One person may really have a desire to have children and the other not want any. Unless one of them changes their mind then it is probably a good idea to find someone else who feels the same way about having kids.

(And I am on here because I have the desire to try and help people--not because I am bored.)

Old 03-15-2015, 10:36 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I have always heard the "only stupid question is the one unasked." and I really do not care for the word "stupid" in reference to what a person posts/thinks/says.

With that said, I think that before two people get seriously involved with one another, that is a very important subject to discuss. One person may really have a desire to have children and the other not want any. Unless one of them changes their mind then it is probably a good idea to find someone else who feels the same way about having kids.

(And I am on here because I have the desire to try and help people--not because I am bored.)
That's fine that you think it's not a stupid question. I think it is. If one of my friends asked me this, I'd tell them to put their head back on straight. We are talking about CHILDREN - not a gold fish. A strong marriage is not based on whether or not you have children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships