Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:35 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure why the OP is getting heat, she sounds a like a nutter at worst, and incompatible at best.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 12:38 PM

75 posts, read 90,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippn1 View Post
Its not that, its the fact its my first relationship, the fact i had many great memories together, the fact i still love her, the fact i hope its going to get better...
And I think we've found the source of the problem. The relationship you described in your first post is not love. Sorry. It's an infatuation that neither of you was equipped to handle all that well. She retreated and you tried to fix it and then she ended it.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:41 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippn1 View Post
Yeah i know... we have never talked about moving in together and we have never talked about her wanting a baby...

one time couple months ago when we were out - she was drunk and the conversation was about the other friend who just became a father... she said to my friend shes gonna have a baby in a year or two because she 28. she also said its gonna be mine or someone elses... She didnt say it to me, she said that to my best friend, i was walking behind them sober (i dont know if she was aware of that)... So i said to her how is she planing to make a baby??? she said ONE time when your mother is not going to be at home and lights will be off (that was her defense - 1/2 year in relationship when i had not own my own place yet and i did not want to have sex when we were making out because my mother was in the next room and it was a daytime...that was only once).

I knew right away this is a red flag or whatever you called strange signs... i was in loved and rather looked away. i waited so long for someone really special to come along, and i was pretty sure she was special for a very very long time. Every time she hurt me or did something i was not fond of it I rather looked away thinking every woman has her own mistakes/bad sides...

but yeah, we have never discussed about her plans - moving in or having a baby. i suspect if we stayed together i d be getting an ultimatum pretty soon...
Wow. The baby, in a year or two, would be yours or someone else's? Weird thing to say. Huge red flag.

The rest of the bolded sounds like someone in a first ever relationship. There's a learning curve involved as to evaluating how much to tolerate, and what kind of thing should be tolerated, vs. what kind of thing is a deal-breaker. Don't beat yourself up about it. You actually did a pretty good job of dodging a bullet. I'd be curious to see where she's at relationship-wise in a couple of years. Unless she finds a guy with a low sex drive (or secretly fails to use birth control in her once-every-two-months schedule), my guess is: nowhere.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:05 AM

21 posts, read 16,419 times
TNX to everyone who gave their opinion...

if im honest i do not like some of the posts/opinions in this thread. it makes me think i was source of a problem... the problem is i do not have serious relationship experiences so i cant see the whole picture... I just hope i ll get over it somehow and wont blame myself which i m very good at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships