Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 AM

621 posts, read 1,033,152 times

Advertisements

I've been dating this guy for almost 2 months and this is what he told me recently

"I feel I'm bugging you or annoying pressuring you to make a choicebut I can't if youwant relationship with me it will be exclusivei'm going to give you space to think about going public if a relationship something you won't because being on the sidelines or feeling like the guy on the side is not where I want to"

I do want is to become a couple but look what happened the last time - I dated this other guy last year and after 1 month I asked him to be a couple and he said no. So now it seems this new guy wants is to be a couple ASAP. I want is too but again I am feeling the pressure. So what does this guy mean and what should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 01:51 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Different guys will want different things. Last guy didn't wanna be official, but this guy seems to. Not much of a cryptic message here. He is ready to be exclusive. The last guy you dated has nothing to do with this guy. No use trying to connect past partners. Different guy, different relationship.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:52 AM

Yeah but I've heard people say becoming a couple after 1-2 months of dating isn't a good thing that's like rushing it.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:58 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Yeah, but some people say waiting for marriage to have sex is stupid. But that's what you want isn't it? So do what works for you. If you want to become official with this guy, then go ahead. Not like you're marrying him.

Some say sex on a 1st date is rushing, but it's not for some people. So you have to think about what you want. If this guy seems good enough for you to want to be exclusive, then don't worry what others say.

Now if you';re genuinely not ready, then let him know. But make sure it's your choice and what you want.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:45 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
I believe, this guy thinks by being a couple he's going to be getting some (probably tired of waiting after two months). He's in for something as exciting as watching a Redwood tree grow, Lol.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:32 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
I think a couple of months of dating is long enough to know if y'all want to be exclusive.

Tell ya what.....why don't you two be exclusive day by day......?

Trust me,

My marriage of ten years ended in one day.

You two can change your minds at lunch.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:48 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Two months is more than enough. IMO, being exclusive is ok after the first few dates.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:58 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I've been dating this guy for almost 2 months and this is what he told me recently

"I feel I'm bugging you or annoying pressuring you to make a choicebut I can't if youwant relationship with me it will be exclusivei'm going to give you space to think about going public if a relationship something you won't because being on the sidelines or feeling like the guy on the side is not where I want to"

I do want is to become a couple but look what happened the last time - I dated this other guy last year and after 1 month I asked him to be a couple and he said no. So now it seems this new guy wants is to be a couple ASAP. I want is too but again I am feeling the pressure. So what does this guy mean and what should I do?
He is what you are looking for. Last time you initiated the exclusivity, and were turned down. This time its his turn to get turned down??

Be aware that the exclusivity could turn out to be one sided, either one of you could not live up to the terms of your agreement, but if you want to accept the offer - then do. Best wishes!

Old 03-18-2015, 05:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Is it really difficult to be exclusive? How many other guys are you dating?

Old 03-18-2015, 07:19 AM

I'm not dating any other guys just this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships