Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:20 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times

Advertisements

If it were me, id tell her she needs to move out and be a **** in her own home, also pay her own bills

then I would lawyer up and file for D...there ya go schnookums, PLENTY of sexual freedom headed your way

she is not looking to explore...she is looking for something better and wants her cuckold waiting for her in case it falls through...just by ASKING for this, she started down a path she cant return from and the marriage is over...at least for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 03:38 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What you said would make sense if the husband wasn't "crying himself to sleep at night" as was mentioned in the article.

Granted he could have left, but all that liberal BS goes to wayside when people start trouncing on other people's feelings. I can be as liberal as the next, but sometimes good liberalism gets taken over by just plain crappy and selfish behavior, cleverly masked with other labels.
He wasn't crying himself to sleep - unless they were tears of joy. He was fvcking a much younger woman for 6 months and not using protection, both of which were contrary to what they'd agreed.

The whole scenario was and is stupid, IMO, but they both AGREED to it.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Things like this just make me realize how lucky my husband and I are. That's all.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:52 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
You are very judgmental, OP, and make a lot of (unjustified) assumptions. Perhaps your user name should be Dr. Dirty Mind instead! As for marriage vows, people often do agree to change them or put them aside. It's their marriage, so they can make of it what they will, and that's fine as long as they both agree. That's the case here. You are engaging in **** shaming of this woman because she's an easy target - she's open about what she did. Many men do or try to do similar things but without even bothering to make an agreement with their wives - they cheat. This couple did not.
i have no idea what you are even saying, but no doubt i have an opinion about the subject, and about the relationship dynamics. judgmental???? dunno, but certainly more of a realist, and a better man for it too. yet i am well aware that i have different perspective than most of my brethren. like, this article is not that shocking to me really, the fact that such feminine conduct is more transparent and socially acceptable just confirms you can't believe the dogma you hear, actions speak louder than words.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM

81 posts, read 88,075 times
I would say this woman is a complete *****, that's my opinion...

Why would someone who WANTS kids marry someone KNOWING they don't want to have kids?

And ladies, the whole "needs permission to have a vasectomy" thing? Please... this reeks of hypocrisy, our bodies are ours, just like yours are yours... we don't need your permission to have a vasectomy

Old 03-26-2015, 01:37 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
She shoulda got a dog. Good companions, loyal, can't talk.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
I would say this woman is a complete *****, that's my opinion...

Why would someone who WANTS kids marry someone KNOWING they don't want to have kids?

And ladies, the whole "needs permission to have a vasectomy" thing? Please... this reeks of hypocrisy, our bodies are ours, just like yours are yours... we don't need your permission to have a vasectomy
I haven't read the book(?), just the scathing review linked in the OP. Maybe that is a reference to doctors' requirement that the spouse be notified. I don't know that we have to give our approval (I remember I had to sign some acknowledgment), but a doctor may hesitate to proceed without it.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:12 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
He got a vasectomy without her agreement, and she wanted kids. Now, no kids, and not much else to fill the marriage. She wanted sexual variety as compensation, and he agreed to it and played around himself, breaking the rules they'd established. So, it eventually led to the end of the marriage, but that was very likely going to be the result anyway. No loss - it just would have been cleaner if she'd left him first, or he'd let her go once he decided he wouldn't have kids.
He apparently made it clear that he never wanted children. Her changing the rules is unfair.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I haven't read the book(?), just the scathing review linked in the OP. Maybe that is a reference to doctors' requirement that the spouse be notified. I don't know that we have to give our approval (I remember I had to sign some acknowledgment), but a doctor may hesitate to proceed without it.
Which effectively means that a man doesn't have autonomy over his body. That kinda sucks.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:15 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktheknife View Post
I would think in a normal relationship both parties would discuss such a major life issue together. I know I wouldn't just go out and get a vasectomy without let her know and the same would go for her.

This stuff doesn't seem complicated to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships