Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:40 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,588 times

Advertisements

I just find I get a lot of stares...sometime a comment...last week, some guy was staring and as I walked by he said "gorgeous" under his breath..Another one asked if he could be my bodyguard...I had to laugh at that one, it was original.

I've been told I'm "unapproachable" and intimidating and I don't honestly know why because I really don't think that highly of myself lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 10:26 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,901 times
If a woman is a career woman, than no...most men know better than to hit on women at work...
now maybe at the gym, or when they go out...

ive heard a few drop dead gorgeous women complain that they are never asked out or never get hit on...I think they are too hot...or maybe look high maintenance and most (not all) men don't want that hassle...when I was young, single, looking for ms right or ms tonight, I never ever went after the drop dead gorgeous model types...too high maintenance and not worth the effort...

Old 03-25-2015, 11:19 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,974 times
Harassed...no. Hit on often...yes.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:24 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I just find I get a lot of stares...sometime a comment...last week, some guy was staring and as I walked by he said "gorgeous" under his breath..Another one asked if he could be my bodyguard...I had to laugh at that one, it was original.

I've been told I'm "unapproachable" and intimidating and I don't honestly know why because I really don't think that highly of myself lol.
Pictures, please.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:34 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Pictures, please.
Why you think I'm making it up? LOL. I have nothing to prove on citydata, just was responding to the topic.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:24 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
I saw a video or something once that basically asserted that a woman's life is one big informercial for the D. I thought that was hilarious.

So I'm a 5'3", 118 lb brunette, I've been called hot (sometimes in that librarian with glasses sort of way) but I do NOT put effort into being "the hot chick." No makeup, no heels, no nonsense. I consider myself average-ish. I value my brain over my looks, but sure it's nice if a guy thinks I'm attractive.

My friends don't flirt because they know I'm faithfully (if not always happily) married.

No one really hits on me at work, though a couple of the nerdy guys in the office think I'm cool because I play D&D and build computers and like sci fi.

I do go to bars, but only because I'm on a pool league. Old drunk men sometimes leer and comment (occasionally persistently!) but only if I wear a tight shirt, and only when they are quite drunk, and generally only the ones who don't know me, and don't know that I may be out smoking alone but my husband is right there in the bar! Most guys just make friendly conversation, and don't act flirty.

When I'm walking down the street, I have on cargo pants and combat boots, nothing revealing or sexy, and I stride along with a purpose...I don't get catcalled, ever.

But... I think my manner might make some women think I am a lesbian, because I do get women flirting with me pretty overtly sometimes. While I don't fool around on my husband with women either, I enjoy the attention from other ladies, and have been with women in the past...it doesn't put me off. I smile and talk to them, but before it goes anywhere I'm either gone, or I've tactfully dropped the word "husband" in conversation. They're always willing to take a hint.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:31 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
I don't know. Good looking men are too vain and busy checking themselves out constantly. Ugly inferior men tends to stay in background looking creepy. The average looking guys you wouldn't notice them...
HEY!!!, play nice. Some of us men weren't always good looking, we just grew (or worked) into it and are thus amazed at such majesty that has emerged from such mediocre form.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:14 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,668,615 times
Besides bad luck, I really don't feel like we have to feel sorry for good looking people in general.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:22 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Besides bad luck, I really don't feel like we have to feel sorry for good looking people in general.
Good looking people are playing life on easy mode. Hard to feel bad for them.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:27 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,668,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Good looking people are playing life on easy mode. Hard to feel bad for them.
My comment wasn't meant to sound bitter against good looking people. However, I do notice this strange tendency for some people to rationalize good looks into a negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships