Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 02:48 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I don't like texting. I think the practice brings mis-communication; not better communication. I gather emotionally ambivalent/distant people just love it, because they can show they "care" without actually taking the big step and....caring.

If handled clumsily, affection expressed via text can be read as "too much". Annoyance with a person can come off as actual rudeness. I think phone calls are better, and I fail to understand why they have fallen from popularity. They are much more personal..and isn't that the point of getting involved in a relationship or friendship?

yeah, it's interesting how much time i spend clarifying texts, but i think you are on to something, it's creates an emotional joy ride for some. but then again some ppl or too stupid (or too cool) to turn it off when necessary.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 03:24 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I agree, look if someone asked me to let them know when I got home, I'd do it regardless of what my feelings are towards them. But one of my friends who I just told this story to, said I shouldn't have texted him when I got home, she said if it were her and she wasn't into him she would not have texted him to let him know she was home. I told her I would never do that regardless of how I felt about the guy, because if he is being genuine, you might create needless worry. In my situation the guy was a cop, so I thought it best to oblige.
Bingo. Guys do that (at least people that i know) to see if the girl is interested in them. If she texts you when she gets home then she is showing some type of interest. If she doesnt text or if she texts you the next day saying that she forgot then she's not interested. Pretty simple.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:34 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
Bingo. Guys do that (at least people that i know) to see if the girl is interested in them. If she texts you when she gets home then she is showing some type of interest. If she doesnt text or if she texts you the next day saying that she forgot then she's not interested. Pretty simple.
really now... i've never heard such a useless idea.

idk, i figured if a guy hangs out with a women and ends the night by asking her to text back when she gets home safe, chances are she has more words, behavior, activity to evaluate the guy's romantic interest in her during the time they hung out than simply using his text request. like if i was physically or romantically interested in her, she would know before she headed home for the night.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:30 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I don't agree with this, if somebody asks me to text them to let them know I got home safe, I will do that regardless of how I feel about them.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
I don't agree with this, if somebody asks me to text them to let them know I got home safe, I will do that regardless of how I feel about them.
Which is why I always hated first dates. If you are not interested you don't have to send anything.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Which is why I always hated first dates. If you are not interested you don't have to send anything.
You don't have to, but I feel like it's the right thing to do, at the end of the day it's just simple courtesy.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:27 PM
FBJ

Quote:
You don't have to, but I feel like it's the right thing to do, at the end of the day it's just simple courtesy.
But it sends mixed signals if there is no interest.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
But it sends mixed signals if there is no interest.
Then by that logic the person asking you to text them when you get home is showing interest on their end as well.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Then by that logic the person asking you to text them when you get home is showing interest on their end as well.
No one needs to be concerned about my safety if we are not going to talk again and vice versa.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:16 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,677 times
Quote:
Some women will and some women won't. I have done this before. If they text back it shows that they have some interest, if they don't then Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships