Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:44 PM

615 posts, read 726,183 times

Advertisements

Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 11:05 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
There are hot women who only get approached by sleazes, because the good guys are too shy, too intimidated, whatever. There are attractive women who rarely get approached, because yes, men tend to assume they're taken and that it's pointless to approach them.

Not to mention all the average women who are under people's radar altogether.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Well usually those women only date wealthy men so what's the point in trying.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 PM

403 posts, read 597,988 times
I highly doubt it.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:56 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
It seems that most women would prefer a rich guy, even one with questionable sexuality.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:29 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Do you think there is a number of a hot women who men assume are saturated with male attention or already taken, but are in fact lonely and hoping for guys to talk to them?
assume -> ass-u-me (old benny hill lesson)

no, the "hot" woman only has to deal with a small % of wussies that wont step to them... there will always be dudes with some balls that will step to said woman

the only women who are "lonely...hoping for guys to talk to them" are the ones that are stuck on stupid because they have been programmed that if a guy doesnt come to them and do all the work then they are not worthy

Old 04-17-2015, 06:42 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well usually those women only date wealthy men so what's the point in trying.
WHAT are you talking about?.. I have seen these sorts of remarks before.. lots of defeatist attitudes. You guys need to stop thinking that, because there are a lot of great, sexy women who do not live for money. Now, if you mean a Hefner, playboy bunny type, why would you want someone like that - who is exactly the type who wants a sugar daddy? Lots of talk about "HOTNESS" going on.. can you show examples? (OH, do you mean voluptuous, 23-year-olds with hair down to their rears, wearing a bikini, like in the Carls Jr. ads?)

I'm sorry, but if men would stop being "in love" with fantasy images, things would be a lot better for everyone. I blame those having created "girlie" magazines and imagery since, designed for males to "_________" to, having been programmed from puberty to think this is what it is all about. Then, the with Internet...more images.. and this stupid way of dating.. how helpful has this been?

Is there never any reality shown to men? Do you know how long it takes to wash and style very long hair, as women are depicted in those images? Then a man gets antsy because it is taking too long to get ready to go, and yes, she will be using creams and makeup (though you think she is just "natural"), then having to select appropriate clothing and shoes for the occasion. Four hours later... "I'm ready... oh, where'd he go?" (They want a woman to look good, but they don't want to wait around, either). Just as one minor example.

"Gotta get a hot girl" .."gotta have a hot girl"... GOD, this is all anyone hears or sees anymore, everywhere. Do you know how miserable men have become, being with an empty, superficial, Barbie? But, no..as long as she makes you go "schwiing" to look at her, you think that will make your life livable. What about the guy who couldn't get the "hotter" (I have begun hating this term) girls to pay attention to him, so he went to school and shot a bunch of people and himself. Why? Because he was wrapped up wanting to fulfill a fantasy (granted, he was not well). One guy here, after I had mentioned that before said "It's never what it is cracked up to be" (and if you go for the wrong kind of woman, you will get exactly what you don't want - then complain). If you seek the unattainable, you'll never be happy.

Just because a female appears a certain way, do you think that ensures she will be responsive and satisfy you? What about how she is out of the bedroom? Can she communicate?.. oh, that doesn't matter, right? Can she cook?.. oh, you will just always eat out. (People become involved due to sex, then reality sets in). This kind of thing contributes to failed relationships and marriages. And there is SO much more to real involvement than anything superficial.. ask the ones who have been successful. (Also, it does not mean that everyone is even capable of having this, for a variety of reasons, so there is that, too).

Honestly, I don't see or hear women saying or doing the same thing.. "gotta get a hot guy", "Oh, only a hot guy for me"...lol.. we don't hear this or see this, not that women don't want to feel that attraction to another. Women just want a nice relationship with confident, sweet, good guy...and there are those lovely guys out there, that some women are so lucky to be with. And wonderful, fulfilling sex exists between everyday people.. because "sex really begins between the ears".. (just look around.. tons of people..how many of those "fantasy women" do you see?) Lots of other good-looking, valuable people with positive characteristics, though, besides habits and flaws, that everyone has (outside of those who are incapable of having relationships, due to real problems).

OOhhh.. sorry for the rant... I've just seen too much of this..and it is not just young guys having these expectations. I just cannot stand seeing how things have become and so much dissatisfaction, when there doesn't need to be.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 04-17-2015 at 07:12 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It seems that most women would prefer a rich guy, even one with questionable sexuality.
I don't think so.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:27 AM

609 posts, read 615,657 times
Yes. Although it has more to do with your approachability than how hot you are. If you have a face that screams "don't talk to me" then mostly the creepy guys will try to chat with you. Normal nice quality guys might not.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:14 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Whats questionable sexuality? He doesn't have a sexuality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships