Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:03 AM

609 posts, read 615,549 times

Advertisements

I'm attracted to intelligent men who pursue higher learning and are traditional and masculine so I don't think so. Not that I wouldn't date guys with model looks though. I've done that. But dating someone who works as a male model for a living...not attractive to me in the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 07:16 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
At one point I was considering dating a male model....he was pretty attractive and down to earth.

Unfortunately I didn't really feel any real chemistry or attraction for him. He had a somewhat entitled personality too, because he would mention how he was this and that, and I still didn't like him like that.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:26 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Sure why not? I was a model and not as glamorous as it seems.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:36 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I fantasize about dating models like Candice Swanepoel and Kate Upton. Dating them actually would be too much work since their lives are in the public eye. So, no.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:36 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
She'd have to be a plus sized model. Those skinny girls, aka "shirt hangers" don't do much for me. Apparently the fashion designers like super skinny models because somehow that helps to show off the fashions better.. .IDK that's what I heard anyways.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:38 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
A prince, a pauper, a model, an astronaut, a janitor, a teacher, a mechanic.

If we're interested in each other, yes, I will date that person no matter the job.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:51 PM

491 posts, read 402,596 times
I dated a model back in my undergrad days. Women at our school used to call him Adonis. When we would go out together girls would come up to him and give him their numbers, it was crazy. He wouldn't take them of course, but still… it was irritating.

But now, no, I don't think I would. Unless he was also crazy smart and had all the other personality traits that I'm looking for.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:02 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Let's see...if I was a guy....guys care very little about a woman's education or career, but the income would be nice...and they would likely appreciate her being out of town a lot...less time to get on his nerves....!

Old 04-19-2015, 02:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Been there, done that. Good times.

And she was one of the most insecure, sensitive women I dated, but had a huge heart and was only 19/20 at the time. We're still friends after we stopped dating in 2012, and she's in the UK, now with Models 1.

The video vixen 'models' are the ones I avoid at all cost. Talk about shallow, narecsstic divas right there. The fashion models are usually more down to earth and less high maintenance.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
I don't mean just sleep with a model. I mean we all know the answer to that. But would you ever consider being in a serious relationship with or even marrying a model? Let's say he/she does not have a bachelor's degree or associate's degree, but they did graduate from high school. Anyways this person's job is a professional model. Not a supermodel or anything like that. They do photo shoots, promos, and video shoots in the area mostly. They sometimes travel for shoots but are home pretty often. This person is not famous, just a local model who really enjoys their job. Their income is about 60K per year, so they are not a huge model making huge amounts of money. High maintenance is obvious, since it's their job to look great, they are very nice and down to earth. So would you consider getting into a relationship with a model like that?

Btw, I'm not a model or anything, this is a hypothetical situation. I am honestly just curious to see what people say since it's a career that is very iffy, especially when you get older.
that depends, are we compatible? can she carry on a decent conversation? how high maintenance is she? are we talking just the fact that she is going to always wanting to be looking good? or is she one of those, "me first always" types? is she stuck up, or a down to earth type?

a first date is pretty much always a go, a second date perhaps, its the third date that would be in question depending how the first two dates went.

if we were compatible, then yes i would date a model. having eye candy on my arm is always fun, and i am more than willing to let her shine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships