Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,287 times

Advertisements

So I will quickly explain from the start,what has been happening in this relatonship.

We met 2 years ago.She is in my best friend's class,in college.Even though we met 2 years ago,the only real time we spent together only started this year,in New Year's Eve.A couple of weeks later,she started texting me everyday and I was really into her.We both were into each other,as it seemed.

After some time of texting,I decided to ask her out and she accepted.The date went perfectly,then we cam back to her place and we watched a movie,then I went home and,as a goodbye,I only kissed her in the cheek but I know I could've kissed her in the lips.No real problem there.

The next date,we went to watch a movie,then I took her home and I kissed her for the first time.I was really really happy with that.

It's always good to inform you that I am not in college,I am only finishing one subject I left behind in highschool and I will get into business next year so,as you can imagine,I have tons and tons of free time (which I am not good at managing,but that's not the point here).

We only went one or two days a week and during weekends,I used to go to her place and spend long hours with her.One day we were making out and I made a move to take it to the next step.She seemed into it but then she said she wanted to take things slow.We made out for 1 hour more and then,she was already into it and asked me if I had a condom....I didn't!!! I wanted to shoot myself in the knee right there.But well,I missed that chance.

Then came her exams season and she started to have less and less time for me to the point where we only saw each other one day a week and that was only during 2 hours or so...

This dragged out for a month or so.One day I ask her out,she accepts and then,one hour into our date,she says "I have to talk to you about something but you have to let me finish before speaking,please" I nodded "yes".She then said she wanted a time to figure out what she wants out of her life and this relationship.She also said she would have liked to be friends BEFORE being boyfriend and girlfriend.She also said that she wanted to keep going out with me,going to dinner,movies and what not (we even pinky sweared,don't ask me why I did that.My brain was poop at that moment)

Then the date went on for an hour more...which was awkward but,well,could be worse,for sure.

Then,we went 1 day without texting.Then she texted me but here I had my pride hurt so,I tried to be a little colder with my answers and,the more I did that,the more she seemed to get pulled to me.

Then,2 days went by without messages and then she texted again,telling me to have fun in my party and what not and to tell her how in went the day after (she was not in the area,so NO,I could not have invited her,she was with her parents 150 Kms away for the weekend).

That was 3 days ago and she hasn't texted yet...and now I feel bad for not texting her myself but I feel hurt for what she did as I was sure about what I felt about her while she wasn't but,the way she told me that,left me on the hook,like a fish.It's like I am a book in her shelf.She has me around for when she needs me.At least that's how I feel about it.

Don't think I am naive.I am almost 100% sure I have been freindzoned.

All I want to ask is...do any of you think that she will ever think of me as more than friends again???Take in consideration every detail I wrote above.I would love to get some advice about this.

Am I taking this too personally,not texting her and making it all about pride??
Should I be friends with her?
Should I text her???

I need advice so don't say things like "each case is different so we can't help" and what not,please.I have thought about this over and over again but I am not good at these kinds of things.

I never heard of a frienzone that came from an already Boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.It's weird to me.

Thanks and sorry for the long read...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 04:51 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,187 times
I missed the part where you were boyfriend/girlfriend.

She's just not that into you. I dont see where she ever considered you more than friends.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:01 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I missed the part where you were boyfriend/girlfriend.

She's just not that into you. I dont see where she ever considered you more than friends.
That would be the making out part. And the "do you have a condom?" part.

OP, you said yourself, that you pulled back a little, because your pride was hurt. And she doesn't want to rush into sex (except after you've been making out for an hour or more....). So both of you have placed yourselves in a kind of no-man's land. She did say she wants to keep seeing you, so if you have some doubts, why not set up a coffee date or some kind of hang-out, to discuss it, clarify, and so-to-speak hit the reset button? I always say, when all else fails, communicate! At this point, it can't hurt. Remember, she did say she wants to keep seeing you. It just depends on whether you want to keep seeing her under the parameters she's drawn.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

OP, you said yourself, that you pulled back a little, because your pride was hurt. And she doesn't want to rush into sex (except after you've been making out for an hour or more....). So both of you have placed yourselves in a kind of no-man's land. She did say she wants to keep seeing you, so if you have some doubts, why not set up a coffee date or some kind of hang-out, to discuss it, clarify, and so-to-speak hit the reset button? I always say, when all else fails, communicate! At this point, it can't hurt. Remember, she did say she wants to keep seeing you. It just depends on whether you want to keep seeing her under the parameters she's drawn.
Hey,thanks for calming down the drama queen that was deep insine my manly manhood ahah

I was freaking out for no reason and I was not being objective.I was only thinking about how bad I felt and I was being driven by that and that's also not healthy.

Of course I want to keep hanging out with her.I like,after all.Even just as a friend,I would like to still have her in my life.It's not like I was madly in love for her.We started dating 3 or 4 months ago.

Good advice

Old 05-05-2015, 07:11 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,235,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Since when does making out and condoms constitute a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. They were simply dating; for all he knows, she was seeing someone else or is now. Sounds like she's trying to let him down nicely.

After dating for 4 months, you should know where you stand. If she were interested in you, you would know.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 PM

22,569 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Dent View Post

All I want to ask is...do any of you think that she will ever think of me as more than friends again???
You never were more than friends. Dating, but not boyfriend/girlfriend.
Pinky swear!

Old 05-06-2015, 09:50 AM

708 posts, read 721,026 times
Give it up Louie and move on. It was her way of breaking up. I'm sorry.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:55 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Dent View Post

It's always good to inform you that I am not in college,I am only finishing one subject I left behind in highschool and I will get into business next year so,as you can imagine,I have tons and tons of free time
I'm guessing she's busy and is trying to better herself and go to college, while you are still in high school. She's looking for something better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships