Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Because you are inexperienced with human behavior.

This is not about you. Well, it's a little about you. Don't go to lunch with an older, married man ... period. From now on.

But it's mostly about him. He's not into you. He's into what you can do for his ego. He's just bored and messing with you.

Be smart and leave married guys alone.
My bet.... is that she finds another married coworker to have lunch with to teach this guy a lesson, hehehe.

Any takers/suckers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 03:54 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Because you are inexperienced with human behavior.

This is not about you. Well, it's a little about you. Don't go to lunch with an older, married man ... period. From now on.

But it's mostly about him. He's not into you. He's into what you can do for his ego. He's just bored and messing with you.

Be smart and leave married guys alone.
I am 19 and I know not mess with taken guys

Old 05-06-2015, 03:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
My bet.... is that she finds another married coworker to have lunch with to teach this guy a lesson, hehehe.

Any takers/suckers?
I mean, it's so common. I've done it. Who hasn't? Work gets boring, person looks around, sees relatively attractive person nearby, mind wanders, tummy tingles. It must be love!!!

I agree with Sommie and snugglegirl... find a guy that's not taken and who shows up when he says he will.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 PM

191 posts, read 212,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
I know it is. But my feelings are still hurt. I'm just confused why he started acting weird?

It feels awkward now. I don't understand what happened.
He's a jerk and a married one looking for an ego boost. Don't go to lunch with married men unless it's a group thing. Don't go to lunch with jerks, period. If you waste time on your feelings being hurt....meh, don't know what to say.

Work is for work. This kind of drama at work isn't good if you want to stay employed. Don't s*it where you eat.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:08 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
I mean, it's so common. I've done it. Who hasn't? Work gets boring, person looks around, sees relatively attractive person nearby, mind wanders, tummy tingles. It must be love!!!

I agree with Sommie and snugglegirl... find a guy that's not taken and who shows up when he says he will.
x100

Old 05-06-2015, 04:26 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
use the anger you have right now to hate him enough to get over him. He is a douche. Married douche.

Learn your lesson and don't do it again. And don't try to pay him back by being all cozy with a different guy from work, it might backfire.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:52 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Lol...

Invite him over for dinner. That'll show me.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:21 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckle_face View Post
Please do not judge, or be mean. I'm just telling my story and expressing my feelings. I would never dream of stealing away anyone's husband. This was just lunch with an interesting and cool (or so I thought) coworker

Remember I told you guys about my married coworker (he's 38 - I'm 22) we went out to lunch once and then made plans to go out to lunch every other Thursday?

Well last Thursday I went to the restaurant and ordered my sweet tea. While I was waiting he called me and said that one of his workers was using his truck to go to a vendor, and he would be late coming to lunch. I asked if I should just leave and he said we can postpone. He said he was getting another call, took it, and that was it.

I left and went back to work. I ended up calling him later and asked him why he said yes to lunch, when it seems like he doesn't really want to go? It seems like he likes that I'm waiting around for him or something, or it's an ego boost. He got all phony and said "Ok! Thank you! Have a great day!" And hung up.

He ended up having to call me a little while later regarding something work related and I got annoyed and said he was phony earlier. And he said he was p*ssed because I said he likes that I wait for him, or it's an ego boost. He said doesn't like anyone to wait for him. And he said he enjoyed our lunch and he liked talking to me, it was nice not to be bitched at about work stuff and he feels like a new man. He said he would like to reschedule for Wednesday. I said Ok.

Well, Wednesday came - today! And it was our scheduled lunch time. I looked out the window to see if his truck was in the employee parking lot (because I was not going to sit and wait for him again). Sure enough his truck was in the employee parking lot. I called him and asked him "what's up!" he said "where are you?" I said "I'm at the office!" he said I don't see you" I said I'm in the back office. He said "I'm on my way!"

I didn't see him.

I don't know if he meant he was on his way to the restaurant or what. But we never went to lunch, he never brought it up or said anything to me. And I went back to work. (he was at work too).

I ended up seeing him a few hours later, my coworker was talking to him about work stuff and waved me over, I stood there while they talked and I thought he would say something then but he didn't. He didn't even look at me.

I don't know what happened, or what's up with him. My feelings are hurt, and I just feel rejected as a person. I mean he said he enjoyed talking to me and he rescheduled lunch for today and then nothing came of it.

I don't know what to make of it. Maybe he didn't want to go in the first place? So he tried to ditch me.
But why say all those things and reschedule? Only to stand me up and not say anything. I don't understand.
I don't know what to think, either. But I will say that this is not professional behavior. Stop having any sort of personal relationship with him. Just keep it strictly professional.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:26 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
You're just immature and extremely naive.

You'll learn one day.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 PM

833 posts, read 657,580 times
OP if you don't learn now you will be miserable for the rest of your life. Go find a guy that is not married. Not hard is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships