Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 08:23 AM

237 posts, read 787,015 times

Advertisements

I've been talking to this guy for a few months, but it's really more of a FWB relationship....it's not going to go anywhere, and we both kind of made this clear in the beginning.

He's a cool guy, and we enjoy talking to each other...a lot of times he texts sexual things to me, and it's just a kind of fun banter back and forth.

The other day he texts me and says "i hope I don't upset you since I bring up sex a lot"....I said of course not..

My question is, why would be care since this is just a FWB relationship and that's kind of what we agreed to anyway in the beginning....I figure maybe his feelings are changing not that we are further into it but thought I would seek out some opinions on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
My opinion is you should ask the person you're sleeping with and not us what he meant by his words

Old 05-27-2015, 08:28 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Ask him if he is getting emotionally attached then depending on his answer make a decision to keep things as they are or not.
How can you "kind of" agree to something? You either made it very clear it is a sex only relationship or it isn't.
From what you have written it is not sex only since you spend time together.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Ask him if he is getting emotionally attached then depending on his answer make a decision to keep things as they are or not.
How can you "kind of" agree to something? You either made it very clear it is a sex only relationship or it isn't.
From what you have written it is not sex only since you spend time together.
Yea, I was going to ask him but figured I would just get some input on here...we just went for lunch, nothing big, but he text me that right after we met up.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:33 AM

7 posts, read 6,760 times
Hello Tessie, the good part about men is that usually they (we) are quite simple to read.
The guy want to have sex with you, that's all. If he was starting to develop feeling toward you, he wouldn't have talk about sex with you like that at this stage.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:55 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
I've been talking to this guy for a few months, but it's really more of a FWB relationship....it's not going to go anywhere, and we both kind of made this clear in the beginning.

He's a cool guy, and we enjoy talking to each other...a lot of times he texts sexual things to me, and it's just a kind of fun banter back and forth.

The other day he texts me and says "i hope I don't upset you since I bring up sex a lot"....I said of course not..

My question is, why would be care since this is just a FWB relationship and that's kind of what we agreed to anyway in the beginning....I figure maybe his feelings are changing not that we are further into it but thought I would seek out some opinions on here.
I wouldn't read too much into that, I think he just maybe doesn't want to offend you. I wouldn't say that text shows any sign of him getting emotionally involved.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:05 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
The way to tell if the person is getting emotionally involved is to see if this person is willing to spend time with you and care about you.

The first part is easy as long as the time spent together is not all about sex. The second part is more about whether or not he or she likes to listen to you and want to know more about you.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:27 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
I hate to break it to you, but Anyone you spend a lot of close personal time with will become emotionally involved to some degree.

If you're asking yourself the questions you are in this thread, You need to actually sit down and discuss what you're doing and what boundaries this relationship is going to have instead of just letting it blow in the wind and go where it takes you.

Define what you have so nobody is left wondering

Old 05-27-2015, 09:35 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,574 times
I will never understand this whole FWB deal. Why do people act surprised when it doesn't go as planned? Unless you're unemotional slugs, someone is eventually going to want more.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The way to tell if the person is getting emotionally involved is to see if this person is willing to spend time with you and care about you.

The first part is easy as long as the time spent together is not all about sex. The second part is more about whether or not he or she likes to listen to you and want to know more about you.
I mean, we are friends...he speaks to me about things in his life, etc...it's not at all like it's just all about sex. That's where I guess the line could get crossed, because then you start to see the person as more than just a sexual partner....I felt strange bringing it up to him because we already had this conversation in the beginning and it was clear that this would not go far, but sometimes things change as time passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships