Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2015, 11:39 AM

4 posts, read 3,288 times

Advertisements

Is it normal to occasionally get sad/frustrated about being single. Ive been single for the 2 years. Ive had 3 unsuccessful relationships and spent a year of being single between each failed attempt. I spent time "finding myself" and think i am ready to get back out there. The only thing is because Ive become a bit more wiser and Im thinking on terms of i want to each married soon, i catch on to bs a lot quicker and I am turned of more by things i used to over look (ex. Instability, drama, no goals, wanting friends with benefits relationship, disrespectful, does drugs, etc etc etc).

I see everyone around me getting into relationships, getting engaged, and getting married to people who possess exactly what i desire in a mate. Basically marriage material. Im so happy for them but You know how you desire something and its not working out for you, you feel like a failure? Yup, thats me right now. Havent been this blue in several months (i do think it partly hormonal). Anywho, im moving to a bigger city soon and hope my luck with meeting eleigible bachelors improves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 12:02 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneyez20 View Post

Anywho, im moving to a bigger city soon and hope my luck with meeting eleigible bachelors improves.
It is normal. This ^^^ is good news.

Remember, "Comparison is the thief of joy."

It may seem like "everyone" is living the life you want, but I will offer you another platitude: "Don't compare your bloopers to someone else's highlight reel."

Live your life, rely on the wisdom you have gained during this time and continue to be patient!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:06 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Yea its totally normal to feel that way, all us single people feel that way from time to time. All my friends are in relationships or married as well, and sometimes I find myself thinking "why have they all found someone, and I'm still single" , and while I love my friends dearly, I'm also a lot different from them so the men they married wouldn't be good matches for me, as I'm sure they guy I'll end up with wouldn't be right for them. But the main difference between my friends and I is that while I'd love to meet someone to spend the rest of my life with (or at least have a child with), my life does not depend on it. I am an independent person and sometimes I even enjoy being on my own, so for me I hope it happens but my happiness does not solely depend on it.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:50 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Yes, of course it's very normal. Just be sure that marriage isn't the goal in and of itself. Try to focus on being happy on your own, and being open to meeting the right person. Don't worry about the end game, and remember, it isn't a race to the finish. You're not competing against your friends, and there's no set timetable for when this stuff happens. Good luck with your move!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:55 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Guys are going to sniff that marriage vibe right away.

You better just take it one date at a time. Things will progress there is no need to push the ball when it's already rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships