Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 09:40 PM

5 posts, read 4,088 times

Advertisements

So I work with this guy and I'm having a hard time figuring out how he really feels about me. We flirt but it's never over the top and mostly consists of him teasing me. I think the age difference may be the reason he does not pursue me more than he does (I'm 21 and he is ten years older) but there's something about him that's making it hard for me to give up the idea of us. He is the only guy I work with who has not come on to me which really hurts my feelings because he's the only one I want attention from. He constantly looks at me and I feel like regardless of what im saying he is always smiling, almost beaming. I know he is single so I'm having a hard time figuring out why it is not moving forward.. He gets obviously irritated when I'm speaking with other guys as well, like his whole face changes. I will also add in that I'm considered by most to be very attractive (not trying to sound conceited, just wondering if this may make it even harder for him to pursue me) and he is always witnessing me being hit on. I really want something more with him but I don't want to look too eager or put myself out there if he doesn't really even want me. It's also hard because things go very hot and cold between us all the time. One day we'll be talking all day, the next it's like the whole interaction was erased and there'll be this super awkward tension. He drives me crazy because I literally can't read him... I also know he's had some bad relationships in the past so maybe he is extra weary of women? Any advice and opinions would be helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 10:19 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
What the heck is it with you girls and and your coworkers...

Old 06-22-2015, 10:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
He is a co-worker. With that in mind, it needs to be professional. Just that, professional. There is nothing to move forward with.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:28 PM

227 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
What the heck is it with you girls and and your coworkers...
It's Co-worker 'Appreciation' Month.

Keep professional things professional. Many workplaces don't like their coworkers dating.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:31 PM

I understand why you all would say that but I should add in that this is not a permanent job for me.. I'm in college and I just work there part-time. Other co-workers there have dated/are dating and no one really cares.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
So, go ask him on a date.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:36 PM

I feel like that would be way too forward.. Especially since he is older than me, shouldn't he be the one to pursue it further? I don't want to look like one of those young, easy girls.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM

227 posts, read 195,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennatrawp View Post
I understand why you all would say that but I should add in that this is not a permanent job for me.. I'm in college and I just work there part-time. Other co-workers there have dated/are dating and no one really cares.
My advice still stands. Also, you said he's had some bad relationships. That usually means emotional baggage. You're not certain, so just keep moving.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Ah, yes. The lemming effect. So, if everyone were to jump off a bridge, you'd do the same, right?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
I feel like that would be way too forward.. Especially since he is older than me, shouldn't he be the one to pursue it further? I don't want to look like one of those young, easy girls.

Well then make your intentions more well known to him.

I DO agree with the others in this thread though. Not always a good idea to **** where you eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships