Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:50 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,147,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I would describe myself as average-looking and being size 10 doesnt bother me
No offense, but that's your problem right there. In my experience, ugly and thin gets you more dates than pretty and fat. Lose weight and keep it off. If you don't believe it can be done, take a trip to Rome and tell me how many fat people you see.

It's a matter of lifestyle and diet and that doesn't mean starving yourself. Move to a walkable area that forces you to walk a lot, watch what you eat and you'll be okay. You don't have to be a size 2, but I think size 10 is going to reduce your desirability considerably.

That's for the initial attraction.

Part II is just as important. If you can shape up AND have the nice personality of someone who isn't necessarily model material, you are going to be so in demand that you won't know what to do with yourself because that is the hardest combination to find and that is most men's dream woman.

It doesn't hurt to know how to and be confident enough to flirt and be seductive, but that's not absolutely necessary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 02:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Hmmmm I'm fatter than the op and I get dates?

Old 06-27-2015, 02:56 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD614 View Post
No offense, but that's your problem right there. In my experience, ugly and thin gets you more dates than pretty and fat. Lose weight and keep it off. If you don't believe it can be done, take a trip to Rome and tell me how many fat people you see.

It's a matter of lifestyle and diet and that doesn't mean starving yourself. Move to a walkable area that forces you to walk a lot, watch what you eat and you'll be okay. You don't have to be a size 2, but I think size 10 is going to reduce your desirability considerably.

Part II is just as important. If you can shape up AND have the nice personality of someone who isn't necessarily model material, you are going to be so in demand that you won't know what to do with yourself because that is the hardest combination to find and that is most men's dream woman.
Give me a friggin break.... being a size 10 doesn't make one a fat person...

There is nothing in the OP's pics that indicate she's overweight......

Mod cut

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-27-2015 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:57 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Am I the only who doesn't get the size-referencing? Just because you're a certain size doesn't mean you're fat. Size 12 is the absolute lowest size I can go before I start to look emaciated, and I'm only 5'4. I think size 14 is my perfect size.

From the OP's pics, she doesn't look fat in the slightest. Can't tell how her lower body is, but...

Anyway, tonnnns of guys would go for a size 10, give me a break.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 06-27-2015 at 03:19 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 02:59 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Give me a friggin break.... being a size 10 doesn't make one a fat person...

There is nothing in the OP's pics that indicate she's overweight......
[snip]
Hey, I was saying that!!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-27-2015 at 07:14 PM..

Old 06-27-2015, 03:23 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD614 View Post

It doesn't hurt to know how to and be confident enough to flirt and be seductive, but that's not absolutely necessary.
Is a size 10 big though? The average woman in America is a size 12. The op is smaller than the average woman lol! If she's over 5ft4 I bet she looks like an average normal healthy woman. If she's under 5ft4 thrn even then I still doubt she looks very overweight. It also depends on the man. Some men like women that are thick, others don't. She needs to specify what type of man she wants because that really will make it easier for us to tell her what she can do to meet him and whether she needs to lose weight. But ive never heard anyone say a size 10 is big. Lol. Perhaps she needs to post a full size body pic.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:39 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You're pretty and seem like a cool chick from your profile. I don't know what the trouble could be unless you have an icy or standoffish vibe in person, but several people here have said that DC is a tough area to find love.
I guess I'm an anomaly as this has probably been one of the easiest places to date, though other factors play a role in that I'm sure such as I've never been married and have no kids.

To the OP, you should just ignore some of these meatheads and their stupid remarks. I saw your profile pic and honestly I'm amazed you don't have a number of guys courting you. Can't really add more than what's already been said other than keep trying.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:40 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Isn't the OP frequently homeless? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but that might limit her options.

Old 06-27-2015, 03:50 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I would describe myself as average-looking and being size 10 doesnt bother me. I wear nice clothes, am pretty reserved in demeanor and moderately introverted. I never show cleavage if I can help it and I dont wear lots of makeup, false lashes, big heels or long ribbony hair weaves.

However, I also consider myself to be friendly and engaging when people I see everyday start a conversation with me. I go out often and participate in public events, so Im not isolated from the world. I go to the Golden Triangle events in Farragut Park and do Pilates and Yoga in public with lots of other people. I go to the Y, restaurants, the library almost everyday, walk around often, fine chocolate and cupcake shops, museums of interest, festivals, block parties, job fairs, I live a block away from a prestigious law school in a high-cost urban city center. I spend time where people are, although I dont frequent bars or dance clubs or places most people would be inebriated and embarrassing; baseball games and sports taverns are the only exception, but Im alone there as well. I go to places where thered be people with similar interests.

But no one is interested in talking to me except for the drunks and dope heads and street heathens, men who would "holla" at anything that walks by. I dont know how to be assertive in the sense of being the one to just walk up to guys and just start talking. Im just not an outgoing personality. Its beginning to eat at me that Im single, 31, but someday want a family and yet dont even have a boyfriend or even any viable options for potential boyfriends.

Ive read the advice that I have to be the one making the effort to climb onto men and desperately make a scene of myself in order to attract attention. But performing circus tricks for attention would not be an honest representation of who I am.

How does someone like this go about having a romantic life when men do not show interest?

If you tell me to lose weight or call me fat, I will ignore and report your post. Thanks.
You look truly beautiful in your pic. It's not about you but a basic societal problem that has come about over the last quarter century or so. We as a society have stopped producing marriageable men.

We can argue about why this has happened, but the fact remains that it has happened. Truly a shame when a beautiful young female cannot find a suitable husband.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:00 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Its not her size. Went out with some people last night, one of the woman was well more than a 10. Probably a 16-18 with a great looking face and hair and drew far more attention (to the point we changed tables) than the the crossfit / yoga bodies that were there. How that weight is carried does make a difference. And charisma. The OP does seem to state (in other threads) she doesn't start convos and is a bit defensive.

But some of the other posters nailed it, so whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships