Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:07 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
How is that supposed to make any sane women want to reconsider her decision? .
Is this the goal then?

Why not just respect the decision instead of trying to manipulate her by acting cool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
I think women take rejection way more personal than men but handle it more maturely.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:58 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
So true. However, how many times have we heard of grown men who should no better insulting women who simply did not share the same feelings. How is that supposed to make any sane women want to reconsider her decision? Rejection handled with a little coolness, simplicity, and grace can speak volumes.
It doesn't speak anything though. Are you not reading responses? We expect you to behave with grace to rejection. We aren't going to say "Wow, I thought he would call me a **** and write graffiti all over the walls about me, but instead he just said 'ok, thank you' and moved on. All of the incompatibility issues are now gone and I must marry him!!"

Not going to happen. And if it does, that woman has entitlement issues.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
I think women take rejection way more personal than men but handle it more maturely.
I agree, but often rejection from a woman's standpoint does seem more personal, at least when you first meet someone. We hear again and again how visual men are and how appearance is #1. Personally if a guy rejects me, I'll think it's because he thinks I'm gross and disgusting, not because he doesn't think we'd be a good match.

I know that's not fair and a double standard, and hypocritical of what I said before, but there it is.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:54 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,549,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Oh my god, this. Mature women may still cry (secretly) and feel hurt and demolished afterward, but some men really take it to the extreme and become insulting. Women can internalize that hurt.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:13 AM

765 posts, read 986,300 times
Quote:
Especially for women. If you politely reject a guy say after a first date and the dude is like "no worries" and acts very mature and polite about it, do you find that your opinion of him often improves due to his confidence and maturity as many dudes seem to take rejection way too personally. Your thoughts...
I don't even think about it I just find another woman that won't reject me and will like me for who I am PROBLEM SOLVED

Whether you act mature about it or not won't change a thing
Once I get rejected you better best believe I will not waste one more second talking to that person

Old 07-08-2015, 09:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
if A DUDE acts like he doesn't really care, then if the chick is immature she starts questioning her own "whatever" and then looks at him differently, maybe?

I think in many cases the rejector is expecting the rejectee to be a little bummed out...NO ONE wants a crying begging scene, but damn at least be a little bummed...its worse when the rejectee starts doing cartwheels and hugging the rejector thanking them over and over

Old 07-08-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
if A DUDE acts like he doesn't really care, then if the chick is immature she starts questioning her own "whatever" and then looks at him differently, maybe?

I think in many cases the rejector is expecting the rejectee to be a little bummed out...NO ONE wants a crying begging scene, but damn at least be a little bummed...its worse when the rejectee starts doing cartwheels and hugging the rejector thanking them over and over
I agree with your first paragraph. Your second... Well, that's just crappy. I think most people know that rejection is hard, but I certainly don't hope the person I reject is bummed out. I wish them well.

If course I'm subhuman so Ill never have to reject another person again

Old 07-08-2015, 10:43 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I agree with your first paragraph. Your second... Well, that's just crappy. I think most people know that rejection is hard, but I certainly don't hope the person I reject is bummed out. I wish them well.

If course I'm subhuman so Ill never have to reject another person again
I didn't say HOPE...I said expect...hmm...ok I can see how they sound similar...but I truly didn't mean hope...

maybe ASSume is the right world

Old 07-08-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I didn't say HOPE...I said expect...hmm...ok I can see how they sound similar...but I truly didn't mean hope...

maybe ASSume is the right world
I guess that's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships