Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 08:08 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

What an odd question.. No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 08:15 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
*scratching head*.....um.....that's a.....no?

Old 07-11-2015, 08:35 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
I still want to know why you weren't already involved in a relationship with this guy OP. Or did you really have no interest in dating him, you just liked the attention he gave you? And now perhaps you feel like he is not going to give you that attention anymore. Now that he is hot and whatnot.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:52 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Um...no. Sounds more like the OP has some insecurity issues.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:54 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Gotta say no. If a man who was not bad-looking and became even better looking was interested in me, I'd be happy and flattered. Unless I went out with them, and their personality sucked, or we just weren't a match-personality-wise.

It's true some hot people can be jerks and cheaters, since they have tons of options. But then again, less than great-looking people can be as well. It's mainly about character, and how one sees themselves.

Someone can be hot, and while they have tons of options, they are perfectly capable of being faithful since they already have something good, and there's no need to keep shopping. And they wouldn't want to cheat and risk messing up something good already.

Then you may have someone who is far from attractive be a cheater, simply because they can and want to.

Again, all about character, regardless of looks. Some people are just selfish. Some need validation. Some just wanna have fun, and some are trustworthy. etc The list goes on.

Last edited by HappyRain; 07-11-2015 at 09:04 AM..

Old 07-11-2015, 09:25 AM

720 posts, read 500,821 times
To answer your question: I can't say I've ever lost interest in a woman because she got more attractive. My...penis doesn't work that way, and I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say the same is true for most men.

As far as your situation, it sounds like you're turned off because you think he has options now. When you lose weight, it can affect how people see you, in good and bad ways. I think when people decide to lose weight and get healthy, with that comes an overall change in mood and demeanor, because they start to feel good about themselves.

I will say, with guys, they usually don't become womanizing jerks because they drop a few pounds. It's usually either in them or it's not. If he was a sweet guy with a crush, he's probably still the same dude. So, I wouldn't worry that he's "changed" because he's gotten better looking.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:51 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypothetical101 View Post
Although I thought he looked good and better, I liked the way he was. He wasn't too good looking, but now I think he may be too good looking and it made me like him less. Probably because now he can easily have any girl he wants and because the exes I knew who were good looking ended up to be real jerks; they KNEW they were good looking so they always had a wandering eye and soon showed little respect towards me and always thought they could do better. Also, the better looking ones had the worst personalities.

Even Joe Manganiello's hot fiance, Sofia Vergara, thought Joe was too handsome and she had her doubts about him. Considering that she is pretty hot herself, I totally understood where she was coming from about being with such a handsome man.
Never has happened to me but I wouldn't lose interest.

However I do want to add in how so different men and women are. If a guy became incredibly better looking, yes the odds he would cheat or fool around are much greater than if a woman becomes better looking. Men are more wired for casual sex and would exploit their new fortune. Women on the other hand do not care as much because usually they care less about sex or are much more selective.

The odds of handsome men cheating are much higher than average joes.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:13 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
I've only seen this play out on that TLC show my 600-lb life. But I could see how this could happen in real life; with insecurity being at the center of it.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:58 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
I sometimes wonder why some women don't feel contended when they are lucky to be in a relationship with a guy who is handsome and a nice person at heart. Is level of looks such an overpowering factor ?

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-11-2015 at 05:14 PM..

Old 07-11-2015, 05:13 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Never has happened to me but I wouldn't lose interest.

However I do want to add in how so different men and women are. If a guy became incredibly better looking, yes the odds he would cheat or fool around are much greater than if a woman becomes better looking. Men are more wired for casual sex and would exploit their new fortune. Women on the other hand do not care as much because usually they care less about sex or are much more selective.

The odds of handsome men cheating are much higher than average joes.
Do you realize that you just admitted men are pigs? The smarter men on this board should be offended by that.

Cheating has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with lack of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships