Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 08:28 PM

367 posts, read 487,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I am Filipino too but my parents or my in-laws don't want to live with us. they only come for a visit. my father could not even endure staying just one week.

that's me and my family but then we came from the province so once its time to study in the city, that's the beginning of being independent already (though tuition is still paid by the oldies) and living separate from our parents.

our neighbor, a Filipino too, would like their parents to stay with them too to help with their baby and toddler but the his spouse' parents don't even want to stay for more than a month. same with his mother, worst, she doesn't want even to get a visa to come for a visit.

its not a matter of culture. its a matter of upbringing and necessity. if the parents and the children don't have money issues, they would not dare live with their children or parents
Not true I know people who are married and make a good salary and still live with there in laws. I also know people who would rather eat bread and butter everyday for the rest of there lives than live with in laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships