Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:02 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times

Advertisements

It doesn't have to be so complicated-image.jpg

Some days this forum is enough to give you a headache, with all the overthinking and overanalyzing going on. Spotted this in my FB feed, and it really spoke to the simplicity of relationships. They don't have to be as hard as some are making them, or imagining them to be. Being thoughtful is inexpensive and effortless.

There wasn't one in my FB feed for guys, it would probably say food and sex , but honestly, my husband and I do these types of things for each other. It really is the little things that can mean the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 06:07 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Attachment 154511

Some days this forum is enough to give you a headache, with all the overthinking and overanalyzing going on. Spotted this in my FB feed, and it really spoke to the simplicity of relationships. They don't have to be as hard as some are making them, or imagining them to be. Being thoughtful is inexpensive and effortless.

There wasn't one in my FB feed for guys, it would probably say food and sex , but honestly, my husband and I do these types of things for each other. It really is the little things that can mean the most.
People are not honest with one another. I tell people how I tell how I feel. They might hate for it but that is their problem.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:39 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,437,976 times
Quote:
Attachment 154511

I will agree with you to a point, but in the examples given it is all "stuff" - even if it's inexpensive stuff. Flowers and a candy bar are great, and even a handwritten note, but I would vastly prefer a long, spontaneous hug, cuddling on the couch, a walk through the park holding hands, or even a gesture like doing the dishes or putting away the groceries, etc. Some women - I won't say all women - don't necessarily need any stuff at all to know our partner is thinking about us - it can be shown with words and actions as well. But no, it doesn't have to be as complicated as people make it out to be.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty2011 View Post
Attachment 154511

some days this forum is enough to give you a headache, with all the overthinking and overanalyzing going on. Spotted this in my fb feed, and it really spoke to the simplicity of relationships. They don't have to be as hard as some are making them, or imagining them to be. Being thoughtful is inexpensive and effortless.

There wasn't one in my fb feed for guys, it would probably say food and sex :d, but honestly, my husband and i do these types of things for each other. It really is the little things that can mean the most.
This is so true!!!!

Old 07-25-2015, 06:51 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
I will agree with you to a point, but in the examples given it is all "stuff" - even if it's inexpensive stuff. Flowers and a candy bar are great, and even a handwritten note, but I would vastly prefer a long, spontaneous hug, cuddling on the couch, a walk through the park holding hands, or even a gesture like doing the dishes or putting away the groceries, etc. Some women - I won't say all women - don't necessarily need any stuff at all to know our partner is thinking about us - it can be shown with words and actions as well. But no, it doesn't have to be as complicated as people make it out to be.
And to add, some women are spoiled and materialistic that they do want, and feel entitled to stuff, and lots of it. All women are different. So, the men need to know what kind of woman they have, and if they're still dating, go for less high-maintenance ones who seem to want Sugar Daddies, rather than a SO.

But I think the above is true. I wouldn't even need flowers, as I am not a flower person. But otherwise, sure. I am not too hard to please either. I don't need showering with gifts. It may be nice, but it's not needed or expected. More simple gestures seem the sweeter ones.

Last edited by HappyRain; 07-25-2015 at 07:40 PM..

Old 07-25-2015, 06:53 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
People are not honest with one another. I tell people how I tell how I feel. They might hate for it but that is their problem.

While it's not my problem nor issue at my stage of life..I just got off phone with a very close f-friend talking about this very thing...Thats the problem where folks want instant commitment ..then if move to next step..want to be able to trust...and It's the Trust that so many have issues with..While anyone wants to promote with the words.. in reality it's only time will prove or disprove whatever one is looking for.

Both male or female want instant gratifications...and I;m talking about sex either..I'm talking about being validated..appreciated and trustworthy...the other is a personal decision depending on a huge host of personal rules of engagement. Much has changed in the past 50 years!! and because of instant messaging, testings, mobile phone access..so many expect instant responses to their expectations..which back in the day always took days or weeks to run it's course..

BYW text/ tweet or IM does NOT always equate attention.. Face to face communications beats all that ...Can't hide those tells...

Old 07-25-2015, 06:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
I love it when my husband calls just to check in with me to see how my day is going. I love it when my husband brings me home a cookie or a piece of cheesecake. I love it when he tells me he wants to cuddle with me on the sofa.

I'm very easy to please!

Old 07-25-2015, 06:57 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
While it's not my problem nor issue at my stage of life..I just off with a very close friend talking about this very thing...The be problem is folks want instant commitment ..then if move to next step..want to be able to trust...and It's the Trust that so many have issues with..While anyone wants to beige the words..only time will prove or disprove whatever one is looking for.

Both male or female want instant gratifications...and I;m talking about sex either..I'm talking about being validated..appreciated and trustworthy...the other is a personal decision depending on a huge host of personal rules of engagement. Much has changed in the past 50 years!! and because of instant messaging, testings, mobile phone access..so many expect instant responses to their expectations..which back in the day always took days or weeks to run it's course..

BYW text/ tweet or IM does NOT always equate attention.. Face to face communications beats all that ...Can't hide those tells...
I don't like the whole friends first either.Usually it means he looking for a hook up.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:57 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Attachment 154511

I sort of agree but not exactly because I don't like flowers overall, I don't like surprises and I don't eat chocolate.

Mr. CSD does so many things many other men do not do so I know everyday how much he loves and cares for me and our relationship has never been complicated.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I sort of agree but not exactly because I don't like flowers overall, I don't like surprises and I don't eat chocolate.

Mr. CSD does so many things many other men do not do so I know everyday how much he loves and cares for me and our relationship has never been complicated.
I don't think the point was supposed to be that specific. I think it was basically that it's the thought behind the gesture that makes us feel good and not the price or size of the gesture itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships