Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,556,366 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd post this as I see SO MANY "why can't I find the right guy" posts on this board. So many "nice girls" who always wind up with loser guys who cheat and lie. So let me share some wisdom I picked up in the great jungle of life..... take it or leave it, it's just my opinion, and I'm happy to agree to disagree.

I spent 8 years working in a local pizza place and saw every manner of "relationship" and couple walk through the door.... you know what the mantra was?

Women

Love

Dirtbags

You would not believe the stories you'd here, or the things you'd witness. The ladies who worked at the local bank were so nice and happy, well dressed, smart, attractive. They came in often and were just all around good folks.

Then they'd come in with their current boyfriends who were most often borderline abusive to them right in the restaurant! Unwashed dirtbags who would have 4 Bud's with dinner and swear like sailors. Guys who would date a women and exploit her sketchy self-esteem and good nature until they moved on to the next one.

But hey..... they were "exciting", they had a motorcycle, blah blah blah.

It's anecdotal, but saw this pattern over and over again with a HUGE cross section of the population. Unbelievable the choices some women make in a mate.

So.... Ladies.... choose better men. Guys who lie and cheat and treat you bad are pretty easy to pick out on the first date or 2.

You're a nice girl right? Fine, then date nice guys, avoid the loner, badass tough guys the ladies all seem to go gaga over. Don't go home with overplucked jackasses from the clubs. Don't date a guy just because he has a Harley or a fast car, don't date a guy who acts like his life is "Animal House."

Find the guy with a job, who still sends his mom a mother's day card every year, who owns a shirt with buttons that's not made of denim, who says please and thank you to people around him.

You get the picture.

Good luck out there, I got lucky and found my fabulous wife in college. She took a chance on a "not so popular" guy back then and I guarantee she hasn't regretted it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,863,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
I spent 8 years working in a local pizza place and saw every manner of "relationship"

Women
Love
Dirtbags
Did you notice any difference in the way those who ordered pepperoni related to each other as compared to those who liked anchovies?

What about those who ordered for "Delivery"? They had a "manner of relationship" that lay outside your observations and could very well have skewed you data and led to very different assumptions.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,556,366 times
Work the counter at the local eatery for nearly a decade and you'll be stunned how well you know the town you live in and the opinions you'll form about people. But they are just opinions based on observations.

Like I said, that's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it.

Last edited by Sporin; 01-24-2008 at 10:16 AM..

Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 AM

17 posts, read 39,165 times
I Love anchovies on my pizza. Smack'n my lipppps.
And yes , I'm a nice guy.......

Old 01-24-2008, 10:18 AM

320 posts, read 955,711 times
Quote:
I thought I'd post this as I see SO MANY "why can't I find the right guy" posts on this board. So many "nice girls" who always wind up with loser guys who cheat and lie. So let me share some wisdom I picked up in the great jungle of life..... take it or leave it, it's just my opinion, and I'm happy to agree to disagree.

I spent 8 years working in a local pizza place and saw every manner of "relationship" and couple walk through the door.... you know what the mantra was?

Women
Love
Dirtbags
You would not believe the stories you'd here, or the things you'd witness. The ladies who worked at the local bank were so nice and happy, well dressed, smart, attractive. They came in often and were just all around good folks.

Then they'd come in with their current boyfriends who were most often borderline abusive to them right in the restaurant! Unwashed dirtbags who would have 4 Bud's with dinner and swear like sailors. Guys who would date a women and exploit her sketchy self-esteem and good nature until they moved on to the next one.

It's anecdotal, but saw this pattern over and over again with a HUGE cross section of the population. Unbelievable the choices some women make in a mate.

So.... Ladies.... choose better men. Guys who lie and cheat and treat you bad are pretty easy to pick out on the first date or 2.

You're a nice girl right? Fine, then date nice guys, avoid the loner, badass tough guys the ladies all seem to go gaga over. Don't go home with overplucked jackasses from the clubs. Don't date a guy just because he has a Harley or a fast car, don't date a guy who acts like his life is "Animal House."

Find the guy with a job, who still sends his mom a mother's day card every year, who owns a shirt with buttons that's not made of denim, who says please and thank you to people around him.

You get the picture.

Good luck out there, I got lucky and found my fabulous wife in college. She took a chance on a "not so popular" guy back then and I guarantee she hasn't regretted it yet.

you are right...we need to make better choices. i agree and i will follow your advice...thanks!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 AM

32 posts, read 58,416 times
Okay, so what about the guy that seems to be a nice guy, but really isn't? The thing that I hate about dating or looking for this "nice guy" is: The 1st 3 months or so is always a fake, even if it seems to be real.

Guys are always on their best behavior during this time, and then it goes downhill from there. After 3 months or so (in my dating experience) usually the guy gets a little too "comfortable", and stops doing the things that he use to do, weather it's not calling as much, not being as sweet as he was in the beginning, not taking me out as much, not putting as much effort into dressing when we go out or when he sees me....etc etc.

Point being, you found your True Love in college, which is GREAT for you. But some, if not most, of those "nice women" in the pizza shop with the not so nice guys were probably just going through the motions in their quest to find "Mr. Right". It's like you've got to go through so many a** holes just to find "The One" .

Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 AM

7,399 posts, read 19,374,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPrincess View Post
Okay, so what about the guy that seems to be a nice guy, but really isn't? The thing that I hate about dating or looking for this "nice guy" is: The 1st 3 months or so is always a fake, even if it seems to be real.

Guys are always on their best behavior during this time, and then it goes downhill from there. After 3 months or so (in my dating experience) usually the guy gets a little too "comfortable", and stops doing the things that he use to do, weather it's not calling as much, not being as sweet as he was in the beginning, not taking me out as much, not putting as much effort into dressing when we go out or when he sees me....etc etc.

Point being, you found your True Love in college, which is GREAT for you. But some, if not most, of those "nice women" in the pizza shop with the not so nice guys were probably just going through the motions in their quest to find "Mr. Right". It's like you've got to go through so many a** holes just to find "The One" .
I agree. You've got to go through a ton of jerks to find a good one.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 AM

165 posts, read 662,954 times
Quote:

<b>

Women

Love

Dirtbags
</b>

You get the picture.

Your observations and advise are all good! But I think the setting (local pizza place) sort of lowers the standards right from the start No offense to you, or local pizza places in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPrincess View Post

Sure, people tend to be on their best behavior when relationships are fresh. But if you see a consistent pattern in this regard, you *may* just be missing some warning signs in those first months. If the first 3 months are "always fake", you are choosing the wrong guys to go out with IMHO.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,052,096 times
Women perceive politeness and being nice as a form of weakness. No way they would ever "settle" for a weak man.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:39 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,479,147 times
I've had my fair share of abusive, manipulative, lyin', cheatin' POSs. It was my own fault really because I let them treat me badly... I was young and didn't know any better. Then one day... my then bf ran off with a French girl to Brazil. I was heartbroken but had enough. It took being heartbroken for me to realize that real men don't treat women like dirt. Some of us take a little longer than others to get it - I know women in their 60's that still don't know a good man when she sees it. Now, I'm a sucker for a nice guy... I love them as I am married to the nicest guy I've ever met (way nicer than me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships