Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I think it's a little too soon to assume he disappeared on you because he just wanted sex. Yes, his him asking you to come over and watch a movie is pretty synonymous with come over so we can get it on, but that doesn't mean that's all he wanted. I'm with the guys on this one, most guys are going to try to have sex with you a couple of dates in, whether they really like you, or they don't doesn't matter, they'll try anyway.

That being said, I think you did the right thing, I would've done the same (and have, since I've been in these situations quite a few times). But like I said, not sure he's gone ghost on you just yet, although if he's been blowing up your phone everyday, then all of a sudden nothing that's a bit odd. Maybe you can shoot him a text? Especially if you never initiate (don't know if you do or not).
No.
I appreciate the comment, however no way will I text him. I was more friendly than usual when we had the conversation- he asked me too soon for what- and I very sweetly explained myself, giving him quite a few compliments. I even feel foolish suggesting I pay for the movie going out. That is not my way of doing things but as many suggested here, I want to make sure he understood it was not a personal rejection and I do like him and was not at all using him to take me places.

We were online last night looking for other people at the same time lol.

This one is done and I learned that if a man doesn't have enough interest in getting to know me without a sex date early on (and you guys who say that is not what this was, an attempt for cheap sex- explain why he wouldn't want to go to a movie with me, my treat, if he was so interested in me and not the sex . . .)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 09:26 AM

745 posts, read 801,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You really seem to have taken that personal.
I'm not taking it personal, but that poster just basically called all guys rapists and creepers if you read between the lines... ridiculous

Old 07-31-2015, 09:45 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
I'm not taking it personal, but that poster just basically called all guys rapists and creepers if you read between the lines... ridiculous
I don't believe so.

Like I stated in my last post...there are A LOT of cases where people have been raped when they go off with folks they DON'T KNOW like that. If anything she was commending the OP on being cautious.

Not demonizing men. Unless you are a mind reader you never know a person's TRUE intentions. Some people don't figure it out until it's TOO late. Yes there are a lot of risks involved when it comes to love and dating, and some people want to be more cautious than others, while some folks want to take it head on. It's different for a woman than it is for a man.

There is nothing wrong with either choice. Each has its' risks.

Old 07-31-2015, 02:32 PM

389 posts, read 426,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I don't believe so.

Like I stated in my last post...there are A LOT of cases where people have been raped when they go off with folks they DON'T KNOW like that. If anything she was commending the OP on being cautious.

Not demonizing men. Unless you are a mind reader you never know a person's TRUE intentions. Some people don't figure it out until it's TOO late. Yes there are a lot of risks involved when it comes to love and dating, and some people want to be more cautious than others, while some folks want to take it head on. It's different for a woman than it is for a man.

There is nothing wrong with either choice. Each has its' risks.
Exactly, it is the point they had been out on 2 dates and really don't know each other. The OP was not 100% comfortable being alone with a guy in his home. It is indeed different for us ladies in regard to safety. I know I would not be able to fight off a man if my life depended on it, so I am leery about being alone with men who I don't know well.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:40 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This annoys women.
It's not a compliment, you know.

It doesn't matter if it's a compliment or not, it's just basic biology.

If a man is straight, he want's to have sex with women.

If a man is gay, he want's to have sex with men.

If a man was raised on a farm in Arkansas, he want's to have sex with....well, never mind.

Anyway, men want to have sex, it's kind of how the world was populated and how it keeps the world populated.

If this annoys women so much, whether the guy want's sex on the 1st date or the hundredth, well, don't know what to tell you.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:44 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Not to mention, if the guy doesnt try,women quickly start asking around if he is gay or there is something wrong with him, but if he does try - she just isnt that type of girl. I will give you best piece of advice on dealing with women. Listen to them like you would listen to the ocean. Tonality and emotions are important to hear, the rest - no one knows what it means.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Not to mention, if the guy doesnt try,women quickly start asking around if he is gay or there is something wrong with him, but if he does try - she just isnt that type of girl. I will give you best piece of advice on dealing with women. Listen to them like you would listen to the ocean. Tonality and emotions are important to hear, the rest - no one knows what it means.
Jackhammers are great sounds too.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:53 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Sounds like a HS kid sort of move.....assuming he was trying to get some of that booty.....

Old 07-31-2015, 05:55 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sounds like a HS kid sort of move.....assuming he was trying to get some of that booty.....
And college, and post college.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:00 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
It doesn't matter if it's a compliment or not, it's just basic biology.

If a man is straight, he want's to have sex with women.

If a man is gay, he want's to have sex with men.

If a man was raised on a farm in Arkansas, he want's to have sex with....well, never mind.

Anyway, men want to have sex, it's kind of how the world was populated and how it keeps the world populated.

If this annoys women so much, whether the guy want's sex on the 1st date or the hundredth, well, don't know what to tell you.
Yeah, we know, we know, but thanks anyway for the public service announcement.

Women want to have sex too, but we want to have sex on our terms. It's just basic biology, you know? If this doesn't suit you, well, don't know what to tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships