Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times

Advertisements

Well, it looks like you are stuck, because you allowed yourself to become 100% financially dependent on a man who does not really care about you. You'll just have to accept his treatment of you or risk homelessness. Not much of a choice, is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 11:13 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalPitgal View Post
I wanted my old dog 's last days to be peaceful? The boyfriend and me get along really well, it just bothers me about how the ex caters to him. I think she is a nice person, except for their friendship. I told her how I feel, how I felt about the boots, no regard. Said I was putting too much into it.
You have two choices:

1.) Put up with it and be the "other" girlfriend. He has two girlfriends. Doesn't sound like you are the main one.
You just have to decide if you can accept that.

2.) Make an exit plan and leave.

Although it sounds like you have put yourself in a difficult spot being homeless. Don't you have family or other friends that can help you out? Make a plan how you can put yourself in a better financial place.

Nothing is going to change. You can't make people change, you can't make someone treat you better.
You can only change yourself.

Old 08-23-2015, 11:19 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
I wanted my old dog 's last days to be peaceful? The boyfriend and me get along really well, it just bothers me about how the ex caters to him. I think she is a nice person, except for their friendship. I told her how I feel, how I felt about the boots, no regard. Said I was putting too much into it.
No...

OP

This is a reply of yours that I referred to...

He even said when we first met that he wanted to make her jealous by taking me to a Christmas party she was at. I asked him about this just last night and he said he did it to get back at her because she had made him jealous or some bs like that.

So why did you become involved with him in the first place given the above reply of yours?

Old 08-23-2015, 02:06 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
He even said when we first met that he wanted to make her jealous by taking me to a Christmas party she was at. I asked him about this just last night and he said he did it to get back at her because she had made him jealous or some bs like that.
Extricate yourself from this. We've all made relationship mistakes. Best not to drag it out any longer, falsely hoping things will change, but cut your losses and move on.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:26 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
If you look back over some of my posts the last few years, I lost my house, have two large dogs and was not willing to send them to the pound, so I literally was staying in my truck when we met. He invited me up several times, I moved in with a friend, as I was in no situation for a relationship. He continued to come over and we hung out alot. Long story short, the friend I was staying with also has two large dogs and we had to keep them separate. It was quite difficult and stressful for all. My female dog just adores him. And my senior, well I wanted his last days to be peaceful and this is a better living situation for them. I am putting my senior down tomorrow. Will be the hardest thing I ever had to do.
I am so very sorry your senior pup is ill. I wish I could give you & pup a big hug...((hugs)).

Please, take gentle, good care of yourself.....

Old 08-23-2015, 02:30 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,182,589 times
I'm late posting here but there is nothing good to become of this for you.

Old 08-23-2015, 04:30 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't like it, and personally, I would break-up.

People spend time with who is the most important to them, and that's not you. I'm sorry.

Assuming he didn't ask you to go? and that you were available. Is it just as convenient to come your house to shower and nap?
Agree.

Old 08-23-2015, 08:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Bail bail bail bail
bail bail bail bail
bail
bail
bail

Old 08-23-2015, 10:00 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I wouldn't appreciate my GF doing what you describe, and I don't even really consider myself a jealous person, but something doesn't fit quite right about it. It just may be on the up and up, but being that she's an ex throws a different dynamic into it, it was just a friend I wouldn't be as concerned.

Bottom line, trust your gut, I've been trying to learn to trust mine more.

Your gut is often times right.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:02 AM

757 posts, read 1,328,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
No...

OP

This is a reply of yours that I referred to...

So why did you become involved with him in the first place given the above reply of yours?
Ah, he did not tell me he was taking me to the Christmas party to make the other person jealous until just recently, he said it without thinking about who he was talking to. It just came out. Had I know that in advance of moving in with him, yes, those behaviors would have been a red flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships