Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 01:58 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,432,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post

Before it wouldnt bother me if he helps them but now, were gonna have our own family and I need him to save money for us.
I'd kick my sister out and have my husband start helping with the family bills. You are having a baby and creating your own family, now she needs to create hers. Having her there keeps it from being a "family" in that sense of the word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 03:20 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,920,300 times
Quote:
Its not because of pregnancy why we got married. He proposed. He gave me a ring. I accepted. We got married.
Brilliant. Enter into a contract with someone you know nothing about financially.

This is what you end up with. This is so beyond anything I've experienced I'm kinda baffled.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2015, 03:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMaiden66 View Post

You are wrong about this. The only way "pre-marital assets" comes into play is if the house was completely paid off before the marriage, IE: no mortgage. Once you are married, it's half the spouses. Not just the equity beforehand, all of it...

Really? Thank you. I need to do some reading on this. I didn't know this.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:19 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,715,714 times
OP, if you are not happy with the situation, then talk to HIM about it.

This is seemingly an odd way to start a marriage.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:22 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,249,687 times
Is someone being catfished?

Old 09-03-2015, 04:37 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,399,542 times
Quote:
We got married after dating for about a year. Now, were expecting our first baby. Im not a selfish girl and definitely Im not greedy.

After we got married, he moved in with me at my house. He doesn't pay anything since Ive been paying the mortgage and I can afford it, Ive never asked him to share payment with me. I have a sister who lives with me who pays our bills for electricity and water. He pays for food sometimes.

I try to understand him why he cant share much on our expenses because he gives his parents $500 a month to help them with their bills. The other day, his mom texted him asking to help his sister financially to get the A/C of her car fixed. He gave them money. They rely on him because they know he makes good money.

Before it wouldnt bother me if he helps them but now, were gonna have our own family and I need him to save money for us. How are you guys gonna react if you were in my situation?
Why are you allowed to help your sister? Yes, she pays some bills but won't all your time, attention, and dollars be needed for the baby? Or is she going to help out for free with the baby?

Be careful that you're not being a hypocrite.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:08 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
OP,

Why do you not let your sister move out or let her get a roommate and you and your husband move out and get your own place?

Why is your sister living with a newlywed couple? That's just WRONG.

You two are expecting a child and now you're sort of all crashing in your house like a bunch of roomies. It's not a good idea.

And his money is his money and your money is your money and he's out driving around in a luxury sports car and you're paying all the bills.

Honey... were you DESPERATE FOR A HUSBAND?

Old 09-03-2015, 05:15 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
OP,

Why do you not let your sister move out or let her get a roommate and you and your husband move out and get your own place?

Why is your sister living with a newlywed couple? That's just WRONG.

You two are expecting a child and now you're sort of all crashing in your house like a bunch of roomies. It's not a good idea.

And his money is his money and your money is your money and he's out driving around in a luxury sports car and you're paying all the bills.

Honey... were you DESPERATE FOR A HUSBAND?
IDK..... School started in most areas so I'm not sure what's going on here, but this thread isn't jiving, at least to me.....

Old 09-03-2015, 06:01 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK..... School started in most areas so I'm not sure what's going on here, but this thread isn't jiving, at least to me.....
Well, Missganda has been with us for a few years, so she's not a "new member".

Old 09-03-2015, 06:21 PM

52,307 posts, read 52,764,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, Missganda has been with us for a few years, so she's not a "new member".

Well, you gotta admit the original post is bizarre sounding???? What married couple lives this way, SIL's hanging around, all of this "her" house stuff, bickering and whining about money and what family gets it instead of her, these two need to shytcan all of the people surrounding them and focus on their marriage.

When you're married that "family" union is the priority, not the extended family, at least it should be.

They probably aren't westerners, most likely Asian or eastern European..... they tend to culturally put their parents and sibling in front of their spouses and their own "family"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships