Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2015, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 822 times

Advertisements

I'm in my third year in High school and I have never had a girlfriend. All of my friends have had a girlfriend at one point in time, some of them have lost their virginity, and all of them have experienced the first kiss. However I am not so lucky, pretty much most if not all of time I talk to a girl, there is always that one (or multiple) douchebag that tries to hop on the saddle of the horse I'm riding. On top of that, I get cockblocked by her "friends" so that I can only greet her then walk away, because the way they look at me it's as if I'm an inmate in jail. So how do you get the girl when faced with these problems? Because I'm at my wits end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 09:53 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,673 times
My car did it for me--I bought an old clunker (much to my parents' chagrin) and fixed her up. Hell, she practically fixed herself up, to be honest about it.

I ended up getting the girl...and the guys who used to pick on me, well...

I love that car, man.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:53 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,221 times
Change the way you look. Make yourself more attractive to attract the girls. They will land in your lap instead of you chasing them. Especially in high school.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:53 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
My car did it for me--I bought an old clunker (much to my parents' chagrin) and fixed her up. Hell, she practically fixed herself up, to be honest about it.

I ended up getting the girl...and the guys who used to pick on me, well...

I love that car, man.
Did you name her Christine?

Old 09-19-2015, 05:23 AM

9 posts, read 10,387 times
I know I may be wayyy out of date, but concentrate on developing you as a person. Learn who you are and what youre all about. Good grief you have your entire life ahead of you..it WILL come sooner or later. i know its all about fitting in in HS, i really do. Stop beating yourself up. You really ARE ok. I promise. Develop YOU. The rest will come in time. Hard as it is, try to be true to who you are and ignore the peer pressure. I assure even the biggest geeks/nerds/dorks get girlfriends eventually. Hang in there.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:21 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,463,858 times
I can't stress enough how important the next few years are for your dating life. Right now, you have a pressure free life. If you are needing to date post-high school or post-college, you'll have the pressures of a job and so will she, which can damper interactions a bit. When you are younger, the dating pool is at its peak. Everyone is unmarried. Sure, some people may be exclusive, but it just doesn't get better from say the 16-22 era.

I would say that you should focus on your physical fitness and personal style. With good attractiveness, smile at girls. If they smile back, go talk to them. Talk and flirt. If you get a good feeling, ask them out for some sort of specific activity. Keep flirting, go in for a kiss. Always be escalating the physical interaction.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:34 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
I agree .. focus on personal development. Pick up a sport or interest start participating in those groups. Exercise try to figure out your strengths and weaknesses.

I am an introvert which translates to social interactions being very draining... as such I avoided being social... a loner. I simply didn't try. Once I got myself to at least try... joined more groups. I figured out how to be comfortable in social situations but for short periods of time. This lead to some confidence and learned to stay within my limits. I still struggle at times but looking back in HS life... u am a very different person

Those people that block you... treat you badly... they are the same people that feed off of you vulnerability. It's hard but confidence will help. For me... it took me standing up to an outright group of bullies. Won some lost some... but each time built confidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships