Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 10:50 PM

2 posts, read 1,261 times

Advertisements

I've been cheated on in the past and have this same problem. my new gf of about a year now cheated on her ex with a guy that she was actually friends with in the beginning of our relationship and now I have constant thoughts that she might have cheated on me. Our relationship is great our sex life is great our communication is great idk why iI'm insecure about this she doesn't even talk to the guy anymore but I constantlyhave a feeling she is but she is open with her phone and I've never caught her lying idk wtf is wrong with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 03:42 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Obviously, you have a trust issues; I would be too, knowing her past behavior, and being cheated on in the past. As long as everything is on the up and up, you should be fine.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:00 AM

138 posts, read 129,790 times
Who knows? Could be that she knows the guy is a temptation for her, so she cut off contact with him. In other words, maybe she learned her lesson and doesn't want to repeat the same mistakes as in the past. Not sure how I would feel about it, to be honest. But on the plus side, she was upfront about her history of cheating, and she no longer has contact with the one she cheated with. At this point, you'll have to decide what your gut tells you.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:54 PM

388 posts, read 383,214 times
Me personally, knowing she cheated once before would be a big no no.

You are right to feel insecure, that's normal given her history.

Since you are very emotionally involved, you have to decide if she's worth keeping. No one can answer that for you but yourself.

I wouldn't but that's just me. Too many nice girls without the baggage

Old 09-28-2015, 01:02 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
GPS tracker.

Nah, I kid.

Your thoughts are justified. She is capable of doing it but if you have been with her a year then you should know her.

Trust is the glue in a relationship. If you don't have it then things fall apart.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
So, the guy she cheated with is not someone she talks to anymore? Do you know why? Did they have a falling out or did he move away?

I believe until you are satisfied this person is no longer a threat, you are going to have questions.

Do you think she was capable of only cheating with this one person? Maybe he had some sort of hold on her?

Old 09-28-2015, 01:50 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbar000 View Post
I've been cheated on in the past and have this same problem. my new gf of about a year now cheated on her ex with a guy that she was actually friends with in the beginning of our relationship and now I have constant thoughts that she might have cheated on me. Our relationship is great our sex life is great our communication is great idk why iI'm insecure about this she doesn't even talk to the guy anymore but I constantlyhave a feeling she is but she is open with her phone and I've never caught her lying idk wtf is wrong with me

Pretty interesting that you have issues about being cheated on, yet the two people you pick for partners are both cheaters....

Old 09-28-2015, 03:46 PM

195 posts, read 139,362 times
Insecurities based on trust issues, but not too left field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships