Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 12:38 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times

Advertisements

We've been on and off because I moved away for school and he didn't want a long distance relationship. But he called and texted me everyday wanting to be in touch with me. We get along really well and I thought I was in love with him. I could see myself having a future with him and I wanted his kids but he's so afraid of intimacy and wouldn't commit to me when I pretty much gave him an ultimatum.

We had a huge fight a couple months ago and right after that he started dating someone else. I didn't contact him but he did a couple weeks later. Even when he's dating this other girl he tells me he misses me and he tries to sleep with me when I'm in town. Even when we weren't together he called me "his". I tried to make it clear to him that we're not together and I stopped answering his calls and texts but he wouldn't let go. He tells me he just likes to talk to me.

I was pretty rude to him about 3 weeks ago and he stopped contacting me. Just about a week ago I couldn't stop thinking about him. I missed him a lot and thought of contacting him but I want to move on if he isn't going to give me what I need. I've been struggling between getting over him and waking up and seeing his face.

Just today he sent me a text and I don't know what to do.
I could easily fall in love with this guy if he would stop being so stubborn. I have told him I think he's in love with me and he didn't say anything. I've asked him what does he want from me and he tells me he just likes to talk to me. Is that it??? He can't just talk to his bros???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 12:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Here you go:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-again-couples

You're already in an established pattern. Just what do you think would EVER make it change???????????

Old 10-18-2015, 12:55 PM

507 posts, read 443,144 times
If he was in love with you, he wouldn't be dating someone else. Let him go, and move on.

Old 10-18-2015, 12:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Nothing to do with the ex besides remove them from your life.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:00 PM

507 posts, read 443,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nothing to do with the ex besides remove them from your life.

Pretty much!

I'll never understand the whole on-and-off thing. Seems like it's more about place-holding and bed-warming when no one else is around, like "we're on when we can't find other people because it's better than being alone, but we both have one eye out for someone more compatible."

Or like someone still carrying a torch and the other person exploiting it in between real relationships.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:36 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
The back and forth thing would be exhausting, he may like or even love you, but if he's not gonna make it known that he's with you only and not screwing around with other women, assuming that's what you want. I think you should probably see about moving on.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The back and forth thing would be exhausting, he may like or even love you, but if he's not gonna make it known that he's with you only and not screwing around with other women, assuming that's what you want. I think you should probably see about moving on.

And he likely will, because he keeps trying to sleep with her, despite having a girlfriend.

I can't on again, off again. Cut him out of your life and move on.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:44 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
You know what to do, you just keep making excuses not to do it.

I can't make the choice for you...
It's your that has the problems resulting in your inability to let go, not them.

Deal with the source of the issue not everything surrounding it.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:12 PM

154 posts, read 128,009 times
^What they all said. Seriously, take the advice and move on.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,598 times
My advice is change phone number and block him from your social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships