Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 11:03 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times

Advertisements

After reading this and your other post, I think you come across as desperate, immature, and creepy. She's not much better the way she is jerking the other guy around and the way she put up with you treating her poorly.

Maybe you should try to win her back with this method. She just might fall for it, since she's doesn't seem very bright about making good choices.

At the very least, she will be doing the other guy a favor by getting out of his life.

I think the two of you just might be right for each other.

Last edited by Just A Guy; 10-20-2015 at 11:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 02:55 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSmith987654321 View Post
So I'm trying to win over my ex girlfriend who is currently torn between me and this other guy... I messed up in the past so I wanna really make it up to her... I've been trying to think outside the box and I came up with an idea to leave her a message written on 25 signs that I will put by the road for her to see on the way to work. It will say: (SHMILY stands for See How Much I Love You)

S... H... M... I... L... Y... (Her Name)... You... Are... The... Love... Of... My... Life... And... I... Will... Never... Give... Up... On... Us... Love... Always... -Lottle (the nickname she gave me)

Would you girls consider this weird or sweet?
You're going to have to move on. If she wants you, she will come back to you...

Also, is she really "torn" as you say.

Old 10-20-2015, 03:46 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,174,845 times
I think a billboard may be cheaper and would certainly add some wow factor to it.

Old 10-20-2015, 04:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
A heart isn't "won." It isn't a prize in a contest. It isn't about who can impress the other person the most. I think the OP is going down the wrong track believing that a grand gesture can persuade this woman to his side. What happens if he achieves his goal and "wins" her back? The signs are taken down and he's back to where he was before. What does he do with his "prize?" Nothing will be different and she would more than likely walk away again.

What he is thinking about doing is a superficial move at best. It's not going to amount to much in the long run. He can't maintain a relationship by continuing to put signs along the road.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope93 View Post
All I saw was ex-girlfriend and I thought "don't bother." They are exes for a reason. Don't waste your time with things that didn't work out in the first place. You are probably just hurting, but there was something most likely wrong. I've never gone back to an ex and I've never wanted to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
I'm not a female, but I strongly recommend you do none of that, and abandon any line of thinking that has led you to assume this is a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeSmith987654321 View Post
Lol.. Well thanks for the honesty. Looks like mission aborted!
good choice jake. now if you really want to win her back, and i dont see why, as noted above they are called EXs for a reason, then what you need to do is stop dilly dallying around, stop with the stupid texts, the stupid emails, and CALL her. tell her you want to sit down with her and have a serious talk about your relationship, where you BOTH want it to go, what went wrong the last time, and what improvements the two of you can make to prevent issues that tear relationships apart in the future.

IF she accepts, then set up a time and place where you two can comfortably meet, AND BE ON TIME. dont bring any little gimmicks, no flowers, no toys, no presents, etc. this is going to be a serious discussion.

and when you two do talk, dont talk over her, dont belittle her point of view, DO take what she says seriously and to heart. in the end she may still tell you to get bent, and if she does, then you know its over between you two, so dont push things after that.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:49 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
good choice jake. now if you really want to win her back, and i dont see why, as noted above they are called EXs for a reason, then what you need to do is stop dilly dallying around, stop with the stupid texts, the stupid emails, and CALL her. tell her you want to sit down with her and have a serious talk about your relationship, where you BOTH want it to go, what went wrong the last time, and what improvements the two of you can make to prevent issues that tear relationships apart in the future.

IF she accepts, then set up a time and place where you two can comfortably meet, AND BE ON TIME. dont bring any little gimmicks, no flowers, no toys, no presents, etc. this is going to be a serious discussion.

and when you two do talk, dont talk over her, dont belittle her point of view, DO take what she says seriously and to heart. in the end she may still tell you to get bent, and if she does, then you know its over between you two, so dont push things after that.
Having this kind of conversation with an ex who is now with someone else is a recipe for disaster on so many fronts.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:03 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
It sounds like an expensive gimmick, and if you are seriously thinking it might work, I feel sorry for you. Sometimes relationships really are OVER. Accept it and move on. I know it is hard to do, but that is my advice.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:11 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
You can win over a woman who doesn't want to be won over. Move on.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 338 times
Love is always worth fighting for especially if you feel you are soul mates ... If it doesn't work chalk it up as a learning lesson hold your head up an go find your true soul mate ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships