Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 11:38 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
Ok, I googled it (and promptly erased my history.) I'm no prude but I would be somewhat disturbed if I found that in my husband's things. There's nothing wrong with sex toys or masturbation but there is something wrong when a person prefers sex with an inanimate object over sex with the actual human being that they share their life with.

I'm just picturing the wife looking for a flashlight during a black out and finding this thing instead. Imagine her surprise when she goes to turn it on and discovers what it really is.

Should a guy have an issue if his partner has a vibrator? It's no different.

And plenty of people are in relationships where the sex life doesn't quite get them there. It doesn't mean they don't care about that person. For some reason the majority of people on this board seems to think a woman just needs to be there and the dude will be satisfied. Nothing can be further for the truth and there are lots of women that just aren't that good in bed, sadly. And no, lots of things can't be taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 11:39 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is this real? It seems unbelievable that a man with a healthy attitude toward love and sex would prefer an inanimate object to a woman he loves.
Oh, I don't know. Sometimes a person just wants what a person can do themselves and not have to worry about someone else's needs or the whole production of foreplay and sex, no matter how much they love their partner and how good the nookie with the partner is.

Not saying that is what's happening here, because the good nookie is already missing from their marriage, which is a problem that should be addressed. But just saying, love and self-release often don't have anything to do with each other.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:57 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBlackRoses View Post
A few weeks ago my wife found a sex toy [bleep] that I had purchased a few weeks before. When she found it she just went nuts. In the end, I threw it out because I thought it wasn’t worth the hassle. Now I'm desperate, I don’t find sex satisfying with her and that was my release. What am I supposed to do?
You should have test-driven the car before buying it. Sounds like Buyer's Remorse to me.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:01 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
A new wife might do the trick

Old 10-27-2015, 12:03 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
Ok, I googled it (and promptly erased my history.) I'm no prude
You just contradicted yourself there, you know.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Since when are they mutually exclusive things? People in relationships self satisfy as well. It's normal and healthy. They are often very separate activities.
Not separate in this case, he said he needed the toy BECAUSE of his wife.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:30 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
It was his release to not enjoying sex with his wife is what was said.
He could love his wife to death, but sex for whatever the reason isn't satiating his desire for it.

We don't know why he isn't enjoying sex with his wife.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:40 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Not separate in this case, he said he needed the toy BECAUSE of his wife.

Right. I still don't see the issue. If he isn't getting satisfied with his wife he should just suffer? I dated people I didn't get sexual satisfaction with (orgasm) very often. I'm not going to not get off because of it, and no, just because I'm not orgasming with them doesn't mean the sex is bad. But sometimes it wasn't good sex and the relationship was still worth it at the time. This is a complex question.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:54 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Plug your butt with something else that she won't consider a sex toy.
lmao

"honey.,.what are you doing with my thumb"
"um...nothing...go about your bizness...nothing to see here"

Old 10-27-2015, 01:07 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
I don't know what the problem is, but you probably haven't been using "SILK" sex lube. You can get it at some CVS pharmacies and at others.

I don't know what is in it but it makes her and me get REALLY excited. Everything feels REALLY good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships