Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2015, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 715 times

Advertisements

Well I love shy men! They are so sweet, romantic, and adorable <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:50 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,351,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
At this point not having animosity is a struggle for some people. I never knew how many people outright hated shy people.
Really, I don't get that from this thread. A couple of people are exposing themselves pretty unflatteringly, bust several have said they either like shy people or at least respect the challenges shy people face. And even regarding some of the pushback against shyness, I think it's often based on misconceptions about how or why people are shy, and the assumption that it's always correctable. That assumption then logically goes something like,

P: Shyness is correctable through effort

P: John is shy

C: John did not make the effort to correct shyness

I know from my own experience and the experience of others I know that good, thoughtful, and persistently applied efforts sometimes fail or only partially correct a problem. That first premise is a necessary but not sufficient condition for dealing with shyness. It's no guarantee, although I agree that not trying does guarantee failure.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:19 AM

37,627 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
At this point not having animosity is a struggle for some people. I never knew how many people had such outright contempt for shy people.
There is no contempt being expressed here. But how anyone could think that shyness is something deserving of compassion, well, that's just absurd. The OP expressed that he feels HIS shyness should be treated like a disability or an illness. You really agree with that??

Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
There is no contempt being expressed here. But how anyone could think that shyness is something deserving of compassion, well, that's just absurd. The OP expressed that he feels HIS shyness should be treated like a disability or an illness. You really agree with that??
Of course there is contempt being expressed here, go back a few pages and read what butterfish wrote, the last couple of sentences of her post read like she was talking about some kind of thief or worse.... LOL...

Old 11-13-2015, 11:30 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
Yeah, it's a hot mess. I know I asked this one woman her name last weekend and she didn't want to tell me. Her excuse? She was too drunk to remember. Riiiiiiight.
What does this have to do with shyness?

Old 11-13-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Of course there is contempt being expressed here, go back a few pages and read what butterfish wrote, the last couple of sentences of her post read like she was talking about some kind of thief or worse.... LOL...
ChessieMom quoted and agreed with butterfish, so she probably doesn't see the ugliness.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:39 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,748,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
ChessieMom quoted and agreed with butterfish, so she probably doesn't see the ugliness.
LOL, post 141 I'm talking about, the last line, if a man said those things to my face, some furniture would get moved around, if you know what I mean.....

Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,432,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You do not understand the basic principles of attraction. No one gets "hot" because a guy engenders our sympathy. If they DO feel sympathy for you, the chances that they would ALSO be turned on by you is unlikely.

Does your arousal level for a woman go up if you feel sorry for them? The problem is you are for some reason assuming female sexual arousal is different than males, but it's not. Women want men they are hot for just like men do.
I agree with this. I think the OP is confusing a potential partner with a mother figure. Sure, any decent woman (or men) is expected to be cabaple of feeling sympathy, but sympathy doesn't put butterflies in anyone's stomach, and women smell it from miles when someone is trying tu play the 'poor me' card to get into her panties.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
LOL, post 141 I'm talking about, the last line, if a man said those things to my face, some furniture would get moved around, if you know what I mean.....
Damned straight. We'd certainly come to a new understanding.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:47 AM

37,627 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Honestly, I don't interpret it that way. Not at all. Speaking for myself, I feel that anyone that complains about how shyness is affecting their life, and then, not only do they refuse to do anything about it but they hold OTHERS responsible for their lack of success, well, those people are lazy, at best. At worst, they have a fear of failure that is so great that they never overcome it to take a chance.. And truthfully, I find none of that to be appealing. Not being contemptuous. Just offering my own feelings on the OP's post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships