Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 09:11 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanAnna View Post
At the moment in fact I laugh that it's better than mine, no actually really it is

My mother passed away several years ago and after grieving for a year or two he threw himself out there, joined dating websites and started going out on dates, dinners etc. He dates good looking women in their 50s, a year ago he was dating a woman and it started getting serious but they decided to break it off as she lived in another city and constant traveling was exhausting for them.

Beginning of this year he has met another woman who lives in his city, last summer they went on holidays together and now it looks like they are going to move in together.

Just throwing it out there for the people who think they will never find anyone because they are 50-60 or 70 lol. Age is just a number, and while it is harder than it was in your 20s or 30s, it's not impossible.

I have seen a lot of examples like my dad. Chin up and keep trying.
Actually, it's a lot easier than when you are in your 20's or 30's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:15 AM

769 posts, read 830,429 times
"good looking women in their 60's" is an oxymoron

Dude's horny and getting some, good for him. I suppose if im in that boat at 60, I will be glad to get whatever table scraps I can find

Old 11-13-2015, 09:18 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Quote:

Just throwing it out there for the people who think they will never find anyone because they are 50-60 or 70 lol. Age is just a number, and while it is harder than it was in your 20s or 30s, it's not impossible.

You seem to be unaware of the fundamental market dynamics of dating, there are a lot more single women than single men over the age of 55. (By contrast there are a lot more single men than single women below the age of 35). The people over 55 that say they will never find someone are almost always women. Dating is far easier for your father now than when he was in his 20s, assuming he is targeting women close to his own age.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:24 AM

565 posts, read 432,996 times
Pimp daddy. The reason most men can do well at dating at this age, is because they get it. Unfortunately a lot of young guys are clueless and fail at dating.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:33 AM

18 posts, read 24,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
From one Cubs fan to another, this is not true. Last summer when I was 50, I briefly dated a 65-yr old woman. She was stunningly beautiful and sexy and if we didn't live on opposite coasts we'd still be dating.

Now, Go Schwarber!!!

Old 11-13-2015, 02:30 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mJake View Post
From one Cubs fan to another, this is not true. Last summer when I was 50, I briefly dated a 65-yr old woman. She was stunningly beautiful and sexy and if we didn't live on opposite coasts we'd still be dating.

Now, Go Schwarber!!!
The Cubs didn't get it done in October. Plus, they are thinking about signing playoff choke artist David Price. I'm not amazingly optimistic about 2016. I'm not pessimistic either. They'll be a better than average team next year, but not championship level.

Now, the 64 year old dad doing well. I'm impressed. A 64 year old guy in shape can date women in their 40s if exceptional, women in their 50s if he is of reasonable quality. While these women may not be as good looking as 18-39 women, they'll still offer many quality attributes. Cheers to your father, OP!

Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post

Dude's horny and getting some, good for him. I suppose if im in that boat at 60, I will be glad to get whatever table scraps I can find
Women in their 60s...........

Look at dame Helen mirren

Old 11-15-2015, 10:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,843,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'll be lucky to make 50. Probably won't make it too far past 40. But, cool for him.
Don't say stuff like that!

Old 11-15-2015, 10:47 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Actually, it's a lot easier than when you are in your 20's or 30's.
Well of course. That's a no brainer. No longer trying to create a family at 60.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:56 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
At the moment in fact I laugh that it's better than mine, no actually really it is

My mother passed away several years ago and after grieving for a year or two he threw himself out there, joined dating websites and started going out on dates, dinners etc. He dates good looking women in their 50s, a year ago he was dating a woman and it started getting serious but they decided to break it off as she lived in another city and constant traveling was exhausting for them.

Beginning of this year he has met another woman who lives in his city, last summer they went on holidays together and now it looks like they are going to move in together.

Love this post. I think it has to be better to meet the right person after 50 because you understand so much more by now. I'm hoping that my man will cross my path soon. I just keep looking on the sunny side because I know he has to be out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships