Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:39 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,173 times

Advertisements

I once saw my ex at Wal-Mart and hid in a rack of clothes in the boy's department. In retrospect, that was very immature. Would I do it again? Absolutely. I don't want to talk to him!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
I once saw my ex at Wal-Mart and hid in a rack of clothes in the boy's department. In retrospect, that was very immature. Would I do it again? Absolutely. I don't want to talk to him!!
I left or was left by all of my exes on good terms, so I have no awkwardness with them--I'm actually on friendly terms although I wouldn't call them my friends.

My "encounter" was awkward, I think it's because, at heart, I am not really proud of the way I cut things off (just ignored/stopped communicating). It's a bit out of character for me, but then again, I was really put off by the attitude and I don't think rude people need my respect or consideration.

There is a good chance I will run into this person again, I really don't care (I mean, I rather not run into them again, but I am not changing my life to avoid them either). While the encounter was weird (small world sort of way) and a bit awkward, in the end, this isn't the kind of person I like to be around anyway. And I doubt I was remembered anyway. So no loss.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:47 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You're an adult and you would actually stop going to a store just because some woman wasn't interested?

Now that is something I would call awkward.
It's not that serious, let him deal with it the way he wants. Why even ask him about it?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:54 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
You know, since timberline's comment about the avoiding the store thing, and as I'm thinking about my awkward date...

So I met up with that guy once, for an early dinner after work, at this burger place. He told me he eats there very often. The food was good.

I will never, ever go there again.

He was obviously acquainted with the waitstaff, and the guy who served us spent the entire time smirking at me, as though "our boy's gonna git some..." and man did that feel gross. Really gross. I got the feeling he'd been in there excitedly sharing details with his buddies in the days leading up to the date. Squicked me out bad.

I would rather actually have sex with the dude and then never see or speak to him again, than walk into that burger restaurant and see that smirking face ever again. But neither of those things are going to happen. Nope!

Old 11-18-2015, 10:57 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
It's not that serious, let him deal with it the way he wants. Why even ask him about it?

Because I didn't understand what he was saying, i.e. his post didn't make sense. So I asked for clarification.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:44 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Ummm.....Awkwardness?
Aw, man, just go get a cookie and take a big, dramatic bite right in front of her!!

Old 11-18-2015, 11:46 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
I ran into a man who my BFF went out with from OLD. This was back when we were meeting for lunch regularly and I was living vicariously through her OLD adventures.

She described him and he also has a very distinctive name, so when I sat across from him a few weeks later at a local meeting I couldn't help but think of the awkward goodnight kiss he tried to give her.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:18 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Ever randomly run into someone you said no to when she invited you to the Sadie Hawkins dance when you were kids ... AT WORK?!

Old 11-18-2015, 01:45 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Surprisingly with all the women I've dated I've only ran into 1 but LA is a very big place. I never really dated this girl but I messed around with her a bet during the time when we both worked at Sears. I never wanted anything more and once I left the job we stopped talking. A few years later I remember crossing the street and I hear a honk. I look in the window and it's her. So awkward. I waved and walked to the other corner quickly and that was that.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:50 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,734,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Ever randomly run into someone you said no to when she invited you to the Sadie Hawkins dance when you were kids ... AT WORK?!

NO - but. Close to that.

I went out for drinks with a guy. I had two drinks (beer) and got a call from my mom that my grandfather had just passed away. I apologized, said I had to leave immediately, and gave him $10 to cover my drinks. Later that night, he texted me about how rude I was to leave like that and how I should at least meet up with him somewhere and hook up with him because he "paid for part of my drinks."

It was awkward. When I started a new job, he was the first person I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships