Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 12:42 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post

Curious because I don't know the backside of this forum, but if you get an infraction or suspended or banned, do the moderators tell you which specific post caused it or could it be that it was from another forum you post in besides relationships? Again, I'm asking out of curiosity in wanting to understand how things work.
Yes, you'll receive a DM along with infraction points & "punishment" for your specific post. As others have mentioned, some posters will instigate & bait you then report you for "being rude." More like being sarcastic, but whatever.... What I don't get is the PG-13 rule and what exactly crosses the line?! I see plenty of things I don't report, mainly bc I'm not petty and really, I just don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 12:43 PM

565 posts, read 432,884 times
Quote:
I wonder how many people accidentally report a post they mean to rep with the icons being right next to each other? I mostly access this site from my desktop, but if I'm really bored and lazy, I'll use my phone or Kindle and find the site to be a lot more cumbersome to navigate that way.

Curious because I don't know the backside of this forum, but if you get an infraction or suspended or banned, do the moderators tell you which specific post caused it or could it be that it was from another forum you post in besides relationships? Again, I'm asking out of curiosity in wanting to understand how things work.
Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, I think it really depends on each individual moderator and how they operate. I'm just really opposed to banning people for difference of opinions, no matter how uncomfortable that opinion may be to some. I'm in favor of action being taken when a poster personally attacks or name calls another poster for example but not when someone states their opinion on a subject.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Individual moderators moderate very differently.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:03 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
I wonder how many people accidentally report a post they mean to rep with the icons being right next to each other? I mostly access this site from my desktop, but if I'm really bored and lazy, I'll use my phone or Kindle and find the site to be a lot more cumbersome to navigate that way.

It's not possible to "accidentally" report someone. When you hit report, you then are prompted to type in a reason before (again) confirming your intent to report. These people know exactly what they're doing! Lol..

Old 11-19-2015, 01:05 PM

It's a lot easier to accidentally give positive reputation when you didn't intend to, depending on what button you hit, esp. on a touch screen.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
It's wrong reporting someone in my opinion in the first instance, if I had a problem with a post I'd mention it on the actual thread or if someone had ago at me I would have ago back .

However if someone was being constantly bullied or was called something bang out of order for no good reason that's different as its completely uncalled for.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:13 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabularasa View Post
it's a lot easier to accidentally give positive reputation when you didn't intend to, depending on what button you hit, esp. On a touch screen.
lol

Old 11-19-2015, 01:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I have been on this forum for a year. Some of the people are nice and want you to have a successful relationship. Others are on my ignore list because well... I don't like them. They are rude, hateful, and want you to be alone forever. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's wrong reporting someone in my opinion in the first instance, if I had a problem with a post I'd mention it on the actual thread or if someone had ago at me I would have ago back
Except that, I believe, according to the terms of service, you're not supposed to. You're supposed to report questionable posts that go against TOS to a moderator, not take it into your own hands to address on a thread.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:20 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have been on this forum for a year. Some of the people are nice and want you to have a successful relationship. Others are on my ignore list because well... I don't like them. They are rude, hateful, and want you to be alone forever. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess.
Or an unacceptance of criticism. So, like a little child putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "I'm not listening."

Sorry, opinions contrary to what you want to hear are perceived as hateful. That is more a measure of your mentality than those who take you to task.

Last edited by SD4020; 11-19-2015 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships