Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 03:35 PM

42 posts, read 22,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Of course. Many guys can do all that stuff, and maybe even enjoy it, but doesn't mean he cares much for the women in question. Some guys can act like a really terrific boyfriend, but still have very fickle or shallow feelings. He's probably doing that stuff with alot of other women.

Some people actually like kissing and cuddling as much as sex. But still doesn't mean they love the person. That companionship may be great, but they don't love you yet.

So he told you what you wanted to hear to keep you on the hook, while he dates around still. He's either non-monogamous, or just hasn't found a woman that's made him wanna be 100% monogamous yet. So while he's shopping, he'll say thinks to keep girls around.

he is a grown man, 34 years old. I just wanna mention cause I dont want you to think we are talking about a non experienced youngster here. that was another reason why I thought he has serious intentions, cause with age like this I thought men might wanna settle and leave all the bullcrap of games behind, and he also told me exact those words over and over again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 03:36 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electralucy View Post
so holding my hand the entire time and cuddle with me , has no meaning nowadays anymore to a guy?? that he made hisself a clown to keep up opening doors for me actually insisted to let him open the car doors for me?? I have been with worse men who didnt even really give me a smooch when it came to sex ,that probably explains why I thought this time it is different.

Yes, it sounds like you are used to bad treatment. This guy was the same type of guy you normally choose with some extra sales pitch added in.

It has nothing to do with "nowadays" and everything to do with the type of guy you choose.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
and I always thought or would say that I am very suspicious and dont trust easy at all. thats why I kept on having conversations with him about it. And thats why I snooped on his phone cause I just needed a proof to my thoughts
I am still on here cause I have been around jerks like this all the time and I just dont understand why they dont wanna keep a woman for good. One woman that is independent, has a good job, takes care of herself, is faithful and supporting.
Something about you causes you to pick this type of guy, so you can be pretty sure a guy you like will not treat you well.

You probably aren't attracted to "nice guys", so you end up with jerks. He was just another in a long line.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Yes, it sounds like you are used to bad treatment. This guy was the same type of guy you normally choose with some extra sales pitch added in.

It has nothing to do with "nowadays" and everything to do with the type of guy you choose.
what means "extra sales pitch" ?

Old 11-23-2015, 03:49 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
and I always thought or would say that I am very suspicious and dont trust easy at all. thats why I kept on having conversations with him about it. And thats why I snooped on his phone cause I just needed a proof to my thoughts
I am still on here cause I have been around jerks like this all the time and I just dont understand why they dont wanna keep a woman for good. One woman that is independent, has a good job, takes care of herself, is faithful and supporting.
Men are different, and found different things desirable. What you think is important, or find to be a catch may mean nothing to the guy you wanna impress.

Independent Career Woman. Great for some men. The man you want however, may be looking for an old-fashioned woman to be a homemaker and stay-at-home mom. So you don't win any points there.

Book Smart - Multi-Lingual, Great with math, science, and very studious. That's great. But the guy in question may like street smart women. Or resourceful woman who can build things, and knows how to survive in the wilderness, or something.

So the woman in question may not be what the guy is looking for, or wants. But he'll take her for the time being while still shopping for one he really wants.

You should reevaluate on the type of men you tend to like, and figure out what you need to change. Because it seems that whatever type of man you are sub-consciously going for is not for you. So you either except the off-handed treatment from men you like, or try stepping out of the rut and giving some different men a try.

Last edited by HappyRain; 11-23-2015 at 04:01 PM..

Old 11-23-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
what means "extra sales pitch" ?
Sweet talking. Telling you what you want to hear to manipulate you.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:57 PM

I probably shouldnt say this but it all doesnt matter anymore. There was this situation I was at his place, he lives in the barracks on a army base. and he said he will go over to his friends room quickly to say hi, he asked me if I wanna come and I did go with him. so they did their little chit chat and after a while he introduced me and told them (it was 5 guys) that he tried to move his hands down my pants in the movies but I wouldnt let him and he told them that I always complain about how often he wants to have sex with me that is too much for me to take and that I whine about hurting and wont be able to walk no more.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:59 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
well he told me that an enemy wanted to shoot him , already target him, and the tanker or his friend shot the enemy so he safed his life. It were more bullets, so he gave me one of them that actually saved his life. does this makes sense?
No, it does not make sense.

If the bullet was used to shoot the enemy, how did he have it in his possession? Wouldn't it be inside the enemy's dead body?

Honey, he has dozens of those bullets that "saved his life". It's just a line.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:01 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
so holding my hand the entire time and cuddle with me , has no meaning nowadays anymore to a guy?? that he made hisself a clown to keep up opening doors for me actually insisted to let him open the car doors for me?? I have been with worse men who didnt even really give me a smooch when it came to sex ,that probably explains why I thought this time it is different.
Correct, that has no meaning. He is simply smart enough to use good manners.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:02 PM

I'm guessing you are another victim of growing up in some kind of abusive environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships