Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:05 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times

Advertisements

I don't. Not because I think it's wrong, but just because I am a very shy and would be intimidated by a man that's as hot as you're saying.

Though not like I see many gorgeous men in a small town with a population of 900. So I see a "cute" guys around from time to time. But I never recall seeing anyone "hot." I only see gorgeous on tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 10:17 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
I don't. Not because I think it's wrong, but just because I am a very shy and would be intimidated by a man that's as hot as you're saying.

Though not like I see many gorgeous men in a small town with a population of 900. So I see a "cute" guys around from time to time. But I never recall seeing anyone "hot." I only see gorgeous on tv.
There is one bar in town that is like eye candy central. I do not know why I always seem to forget to go there.

I have a different problem. I see people that are pretty attractive often. And many of them flirt. With no intent at all. So I just flirt back. I apparently have a face that says flirt with me. It is basically a game with no purpose.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There is one bar in town that is like eye candy central. I do not know why I always seem to forget to go there.

I have a different problem. I see people that are pretty attractive often. And many of them flirt. With no intent at all. So I just flirt back. I apparently have a face that says flirt with me. It is basically a game with no purpose.
I have the same.
*Some that seem to be flirting.
*And some who outright compliment me. 1 guy who felt the need to tell me 5 times how beautiful I was. He clearly was not shy.

And the guys who do ask for a phone number don't do it smoothly. They just walk right up, and ask me for it, without even thinking to tell me their name, and we haven't even had a 2 min conversation. Just screams creepy to me.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:32 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
I have the same.
*And some who outright compliment me. 1 guy who felt the need to tell me 5 times how beautiful I was. He clearly was not shy.

And the guys who do ask for a phone number don't do it smoothly. They just walk right up, and ask me for it, without even thinking to tell me their name, and we haven't even had a 2 min conversation. Just screams creepy to me.
Not to downplay men liking you, but I when I hear about a dudes just walking right up and asking for numbers like that I gotta say, they are playing the numbers game, you know what I mean, if they throw it out enough, they'll get a hit.

Need to keep an eye out for those types.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I have the same.

Don't get me started on the older (not that much older but just over my preference) restaurant guy. Biggest flirt ever! On the flip side it works out in my favor! I get free stuff. But let me tell you I was puzzled for a while....he was a little bit over the top, I decided he just likes to flirt with younger ladies.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
Just wondering - have any of you ever came across someone you found super attractive (maybe not just attractive to you, eyes in beholder bull, but clearly they are universally attractive) and you came and approached them? What happened? Whst worked, whst didn't work?

For me personally, I'd say I'm quite an attractive female but I have never approached a guy lol and never will. If I did find a guy attractive, I would look at him and if he catches my glance, I'd smile and hope to God he comes over LOL.
yes i have. had some good conversations with the ladies, as well as some nice hugs. i just be myself. any compliments i give out, i mean what i say, and i put no pressure on the lady.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:35 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
I don't think a super attractive women would let me in her airspace

Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Don't get me started on the older (not that much older but just over my preference) restaurant guy. Biggest flirt ever! On the flip side it works out in my favor! I get free stuff. But let me tell you I was puzzled for a while....he was a little bit over the top, I decided he just likes to flirt with younger ladies.
Yeah. Some people are that way. Huge flirts, and they love it. But no intent of anything serious, or sexual. The guy that told me I was beautiful gave me some free samples for things. One of his friends, a guy, even teasing him by saying "You never treat me this good when I come in." But I haven't seen that guy in years. Back when Obama was just running for president.

Then there was the time my mother wanted to stop and get food on the way home, and the guy at the register is staring at me like crazy. My mother found it amusing. We left, while waiting for her order, and when we came back, she laughed because he was waiting at the door, then went to the back, and he came up with about 3-4 other guys. My mother stating after we left that it seemed he called his friends up to have a look.

But that led to nothing. So I guess they just thought I was interesting looking. No biggie. Now it just makes for a fun/funny story.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:15 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
I don't usually find men hot enough to want to approach them. I did approach a trainer at my gym because he was hot. I first smiled at him and we did the eye catchy smiley thing for a bit. Then I just walked up to him and asked him a question one day. It turns out I can approach and talk to them but I'm too shy to get it beyond that (to a date or whatever). He got a gf later so he would just flirt with me for fun when he felt like it.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I don't usually find men hot enough to want to approach them. I did approach a trainer at my gym because he was hot. I first smiled at him and we did the eye catchy smiley thing for a bit. Then I just walked up to him and asked him a question one day. It turns out I can approach and talk to them but I'm too shy to get it beyond that (to a date or whatever). He got a gf later so he would just flirt with me for fun when he felt like it.
Hotness is pretty low on my priority list. Connecting easily is high. If you happen to be hot it might be a bonus. There of course a minimum level of attractiveness bar. After that it is all good.

I only approach if it happens organically. Like you are nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships