Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2015, 02:26 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,485,140 times

Advertisements

Oh, she's overweight all right, by about 15, maybe 20 pounds. Depends on how much muscle tone she has in her legs and butt, which doesn't look like much. That doesn't make her ugly, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 02:30 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,542,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Now THIS, I'd definitely agree with.

Besides, the top X% (I think X is around 10%-ish? I don't recall offhand) of women's mailboxes are full anyway, so they can't really measure much after that.

Although, touching on a previous post I made about OKC becoming less and less "free to use" and implementing more freemium features, one can now pay to "override" a full mailbox.
So basically your saying that OLD is corrupt then???

Old 12-07-2015, 03:14 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Pretty sure Ro is a guy.
Yeah, I know, I wasn't talking about him.

Old 12-08-2015, 06:46 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
So basically your saying that OLD is corrupt then???
Well, it's a business, like anything else. They need SOME way to profit...I wouldn't call it "corrupt".

In a previous thread, I was lamenting OKC beginning to charge for features that were previously free (such as seeing who "liked" you). New features that cost money? Sure. But charging for existing features tends to rub people the wrong way.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:47 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,276,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Perhaps it's semantics, but no doubt it's subjective. She appears average or curvy to me... a good WH ratio.
Hmm. I do think she's average, since the average woman is a 14 I believe. But it's all relative. When I assess my body I don't go by how people consider weight in the years after 2000 when the average size rose and the average weight rose--2015 average weight and size for example would have been considered overweight back then. So if your still using measurements from previous decades then what appears to be average, or slightly overweight, thin, thick, etc is going to be different than someone judging the woman based on how we assess size today.

I immediately thought this girl was plus size, which is the new norm. There are still people that don't really believe that plus size is attractive or healthy. Some of the men in this forum may consider a size 6 to be average and healthy(which is also the way I currently view size) so she is going to look chunkier or thicker since she is clearly about 30 pounds bigger than a size 6. Yet despite the fact that I wouldn't necessarily consider her average by my weight standards, as I said earlier, one of the things that makes her attractive is that she is confident and carries the weight well.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:55 AM

951 posts, read 1,141,972 times
Not sure where you all are looking, but very few women on OLD are attractive like the one in the OP. I've read some even more meaner comments (than here) about her, mostly regarding her looks, and most of them are from other women. Wow. It think she offered some good advice, but some quickly disregarded her advice, and started bashing her looks instead.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:13 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,377,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Hmm. I do think she's average, since the average woman is a 14 I believe. But it's all relative. When I assess my body I don't go by how people consider weight in the years after 2000 when the average size rose and the average weight rose--2015 average weight and size for example would have been considered overweight back then. So if your still using measurements from previous decades then what appears to be average, or slightly overweight, thin, thick, etc is going to be different than someone judging the woman based on how we assess size today.

I immediately thought this girl was plus size, which is the new norm. There are still people that don't really believe that plus size is attractive or healthy. Some of the men in this forum may consider a size 6 to be average and healthy(which is also the way I currently view size) so she is going to look chunkier or thicker since she is clearly about 30 pounds bigger than a size 6. Yet despite the fact that I wouldn't necessarily consider her average by my weight standards, as I said earlier, one of the things that makes her attractive is that she is confident and carries the weight well.
She does not appear like a 14 at all, and she seems tall. She looks like a size 10, about where I was, which, sure, is bigger than a size 6, but I definitely wasn't "chunky" at a size 10.

So, yeah, a matter of perception.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:25 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,195,711 times
Perhaps these questions have been but...

What is the point of being the most messaged woman on OKCupid?

Does she actually go on dates?

Is she trying to find someone?

The only tip she is giving is that good looking people will get more attention. I know groundbreaking!

Old 12-08-2015, 12:44 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,377,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
Not sure where you all are looking, but very few women on OLD are attractive like the one in the OP. I've read some even more meaner comments (than here) about her, mostly regarding her looks, and most of them are from other women. Wow. It think she offered some good advice, but some quickly disregarded her advice, and started bashing her looks instead.
I didn't browse women's profiles often, but I agree. I was impressed with some, but not many, the women who were my type did not live near me.

I think she gave great advice for maximizing one's success and taking better photos. I did things similar, more intuitively, when I did OLD. I got better at it with time after knowing the dynamics and how things work. I'm not naive. My profile, the written part, was bloody awesome for my target audience, but my photos were a big factor. That's the case for the majority of people. I took and used good photos.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:37 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,276,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
She does not appear like a 14 at all, and she seems tall. She looks like a size 10, about where I was, which, sure, is bigger than a size 6, but I definitely wasn't "chunky" at a size 10.

So, yeah, a matter of perception.
Hmmm. I figured she was taller than average but did not think she was a 10-she looks plus size to me. I'm not thin either so I don't see her being plus size as negative but I have friends that are on the taller side that are size 10's of various body shapes and sizes and even the shortest one at 5ft7 wearing a size 10 looks much smaller the okcupid woman does. I've seen your pictured and you don't look her size to me either. Maybe it is a matter of perception, but she looks overweight and plus size to me. Even when referencing myself for instance-I'm 5ft2 and I look about 15-20 pounds smaller than she does and I consider myself "thick". The taller one gets the more likely they by default will wear bigger sizes. I'm a size 6 at 5ft2 and I look a lot smaller than she, I can't imagine her being 4 or more inches taller and only a size 10. I have a pear/hour glass shape and store my weight in my bum and legs as well, so my body type is similar to hers. Most of my male friends have told me I look small based on today's average, but going from what I would be considered 10 years ago, I am thick. So when I look at her I think about what she would be considered if the norm wasn't based on the average overweight person, and back in those days she would be considered overweight/chunky and in plus size territory. This doesn't mean anything negative for her, but I guess I can see why people have called her chunky or thick. Maybe she is 5ft4 and a size 10? I just don't think from her pictures that she isn't plus size. Considering the number of people in this thread that also commented on her weight and her looking thicker, it seems like the consensus is that her body is thicker than average. Only a few people have meant that in a bad way. But I agree, it's a matter of perception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships