Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 08:11 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,190,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You're being played by a lady with a personality disorder, dude--BP, NP, it doesn't matter. You can stay and suffer or you can give it up and walk out into the sunlight again.
I was thinking BPD or NPD also. The addiction to those ppl once brainwashed is unreal.

OP, if you were of rational mind it would be clear you must leave. If you are waffling, do some reading on Cluster B disordered people, it might explain why you are having trouble cutting ties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 09:22 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,702,767 times
As soon as she has her husband call you and tell you she is in an open relationship, you can entertain the idea of being with her, provided you understand it is only a FWB relationship.

Nothing will ever come of this. So, if you were expecting something long-term and meaningful out of this, you are going to be seriously disappointed.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,325,413 times
Stop reading after secretly married. Break this off now.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:19 PM

21 posts, read 30,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Run don't walk out of this mess. Why would you even bother staying with this narcissist? She's only a big deal in her own head. Could be telling you one lie after another and how would you know.
What made is so hard on me, was objectively she was 'somewhat of a big deal' as she was the one who did the helicopter trauma calls at her hospital, meaning on some level she was infact skilled. Thats what made her narcissism so much harder to just block.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:26 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,612,279 times
Why is it whenever anyone posts about someone playing them, everyone is so quick with the DSM diagnoses.

Sometimes it's not mental. Some people are just a-holes.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,111,428 times
By the way, she was not "secretly married."

It was only a secret to you, Frank. You were the secret.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 AM

Heh, yeah I was/am the secret. That's why its been so hard on me. I have always lived me life with honor, and suddenly I am down in the muck with something as messed up as this. Its ironic, I told her I was going to be seeing other girls and she told me that this was monogamous only - yes despite her being the married one...

Anyway, I'm fading her out for now, not sure I have it in me to straight 'this is over' sort of thing.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,987,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank3 View Post
Heh, yeah I was/am the secret. That's why its been so hard on me. I have always lived me life with honor, and suddenly I am down in the muck with something as messed up as this. Its ironic, I told her I was going to be seeing other girls and she told me that this was monogamous only - yes despite her being the married one...

Anyway, I'm fading her out for now, not sure I have it in me to straight 'this is over' sort of thing.
If you have a drinking problem you get rid of all the alcohol in your house that way you don't have a moment of weakness.

Similarly, you need to remove ALL contact. Delete everything! Email, phone.. Everything!!

Old 12-11-2015, 05:15 PM

Ugh, its pretty hard. She came by today and gave me tons of gifts for my birthday, this is what makes it hard. Push/pull. She tells me how much she loves me, and how real it is...yet won't leave the husband 'for the kids'. I always get ready to leave, then thats when some comes back, apologizing, giving gifts, love, affection. I have a crippling loneliness which makes this worse.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,954,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank3 View Post
Ugh, its pretty hard. She came by today and gave me tons of gifts for my birthday, this is what makes it hard. Push/pull. She tells me how much she loves me, and how real it is...yet won't leave the husband 'for the kids'. I always get ready to leave, then thats when some comes back, apologizing, giving gifts, love, affection. I have a crippling loneliness which makes this worse.
Cut her loose man, she married. If she's divorced fair game otherwise she's trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships