Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 05:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,465,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Aw, Mags. You got a friend in me!

Old 12-08-2015, 07:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,075,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
There's also that thing, though, where people in their 20s think they have life figured out.

I'm not saying that to put down the 20 somethings here. Some of them have great insight. But it's definitely a "thing" that, when you're in your 20s, you think you have things figured out.

Then when you reach your 30s, life hits you in the face like a Mack truck, and you realize you'll never have it figured it. Lol.

I sure did think that. I was rolling. Job I loved, established myself in a new city on my own (moved there with a duffel bag knowing no one), made amazing friends, dated, rocked, partied, worked, went to grad school... still in hindsight, I was a total immature idiot.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM

121 posts, read 102,500 times
I'm a 31F and yes I do find it gets harder date as you age. I mean on 1 hand I know what I like more and haven't settled, but on the other I'm lonely wanting love and rarely go on dates. I don't think I've been on a date since the beginning of October.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:25 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,839,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFlowersX View Post
I'm a 31F and yes I do find it gets harder date as you age. I mean on 1 hand I know what I like more and haven't settled, but on the other I'm lonely wanting love and rarely go on dates. I don't think I've been on a date since the beginning of October.
How hard are you trying?

Old 12-08-2015, 09:48 PM

121 posts, read 102,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
How hard are you trying?
I'm on a couple of dating websites, involved with my church's young adult program, and do Meetup events.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,229,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
Location is everything.
This! There are some places where there are more single men of various age groups. Looking after yourself also gives you more options, so the "nice guys" hoping to get lucky when women are 30+, will be waiting forever if they have nothing to bring to the table.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:39 AM

565 posts, read 434,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Whether or not there's any truth to this statement or your earlier comments, what motivates you to offer your very predictable take on things like this? If anyone took you seriously, then your contribution here would only make women in that age group feel a little iffy about their dating prospects. Does that benefit you in some way?
Its annoying for me to read multiple pages of people lying to each other, in order to make themselves feel better. Be honest, be real.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:53 AM

72 posts, read 67,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
When I was 22, I was broke, stressed out, had small kids, and a husband. I was on birth control (couldn't get my tubes tied at that age) that made me completely lose my libido. I didn't even want to be touched. I was the ice queen. If guys were seeing me and wanting me, I didn't notice. I dressed more conservatively, smiled a lot less, and got a LOT less male attention than I do now at 36 (37 next month.) Even if I hadn't been married, I was so focused on trying to make money and get started in the world, I don't think I'd have had any interest in dating at that time.
You're basically saying that you got more dates when you were older because you weren't the ice queen, DID notice guys, and dressed LESS conservatively and other variables.

Ok.

You are citing variables that needed to be excluded from the equation.

I mean obviously if you were 22 and gave off an aura that you were a total b tch, then obviously you wouldn't get guys coming on to you...

What people are saying is if you ACTED THE SAME WAY at 22 vs. 36....would you still get more dates at 36?

Old 12-09-2015, 08:24 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,030,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FycBST2 View Post
What people are saying is if you ACTED THE SAME WAY at 22 vs. 36....would you still get more dates at 36?
I would think that most people change quite a bit between early 20's and mid 30's. Unless one lives under a rock somewhere, life experience would dictate that they would not be "acting the same way at 22 vs. 36".

I suppose that the "stats" cited in that Daily Mail article would be extremely important for those who believe that someone's worth comes from the number of times their profile is hit on OLD, or how many times they are hit on while going about their daily life. I am extremely grateful to not get my sense of self-worth by how many "dates" I go on.

Quality vs. quantity.

Old 12-09-2015, 08:27 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,360,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Its annoying for me to read multiple pages of people lying to each other, in order to make themselves feel better. Be honest, be real.

Do you really think you have the "truth" market cornered? In any case, the OP mentioned that she had read in several men's blogs that women have a tougher time dating when they turn 35 or 40. I've read some of those blogs, perhaps not the same one's the OP has because she didn't identify them, but still, blogs written by men telling women what women's experience is. Presumptuous at least, and likely a bit delusional, but I digress.

Those blogs almost always approach this subject as a warning of sorts that women will essentially pay for being independent and single through their 30s by being unable to find a good man when they're ready to settle down. Classic concern trolling. Everyone's options change as they age. Men and women past their 20s have ex's and kids and the early stirrings of health issues. These days many women in their 30s are doing better career wise than their male counterparts. Sure, some people will time their romantic desires poorly, and some will be disappointed in their romantic options at various points in life, but that's hardly a "women's" problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships