Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 08:59 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times

Advertisements

City Data is a weird place. I don't believe that this story is really true. It's weird enough that he would give you a used sweatshirt as a present, but if you've only been dating for 2 months, why would he give it to your mother to wrap??? Why wouldn't he wrap it himself or have his mother/someone else wrap it and then just give it to you?

To answer your question, if this really happened, then yes it's obviously really weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2015, 09:04 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Is he odd in other ways?
THIS!!!

OP he must really really REALLY like you for doing something that special for your mum!!! LMAO!

In short get rid of him based on that alone.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:47 AM

5 posts, read 2,832 times
I do like the jacket. I just find it weird that he gave it to my mom last minute. Like that shows little effort. Also that he lied makes me wonder about other stuff

Old 12-27-2015, 12:40 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,482 times
That guy sounds weird...wth was he thinking asking your mother to wrap it for him???as for giving a girl your varsity jacket, that may happen in high school, but at university she may get to borrow it to wear on her walk home on some cold night, but not as some Christmas present. Don't know how guys don't know basic stuff anymore. He probably could have bought you a card and wrote something intimate and creative and you would have loved it....5.00 Christmas present...if he can't afford that he shouldn't be dating.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:49 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfstudent95 View Post
I do like the jacket. I just find it weird that he gave it to my mom last minute. Like that shows little effort. Also that he lied makes me wonder about other stuff
The lying would be a deal-breaker for me, let alone the other stuff. Do you want to be with a guy who lies to you over trivial things? It's childish.

I don't see why there needed to be any last-minute gifts, considering the gifts that were ordered were on the way. You two could have gone out to dinner as a gift to each other, and given each other cards that said "redeemable for a Christmas present in 6 days", or whenever the gifts were supposed to arrive.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:00 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,858 times
I agree that having your mom wrap a present for you is ridiculous. He's a full grown adult and he can't wrap his own dirty jacket for you?? I wouldn't want to date a guy like that. And then the lying on top of it...? WTH?

Old 12-27-2015, 05:39 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
You both ordered something that didn't make it on time??

You, however, went and bought shirts putting him on the spot without anything for you. Best thing he could do is wrap up the jacket he had on. Is that right?

I think it's just one of those spare of the moment things.

What did he order you??

Old 12-28-2015, 01:48 AM

5 posts, read 2,832 times
He ordered this shirt that I wanted. Really not upset about the gift. Just the lying and have that weird feeling in my gutt

Old 12-28-2015, 08:35 AM

372 posts, read 456,401 times
He gave you a gift that meant something to him. He didn't wash it so that it had his sent on it and you would be reminded of him when you wore it. I had a girl friend in highschool that asked for the same thing. You didn't see the value in it and now he is embarrassed and trying to save face. Stop over reacting. It isn't like he sent you another woman's used underwear.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:02 AM

16 posts, read 12,287 times
It's weird as a Christmas gift. If he wanted you to have his jacket that's cute and fine but not in replacement of a gift. Next time you guys should set a price limit so you're not wasting money on him when you could have asked his mom to wrap your used socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships