Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You have me mistaken I haven't dated anyone in 6 months.
You just had a New Year's Eve date. See, this is why some people here don't believe much of anything you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 11:00 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You just had a New Year's Eve date. See, this is why some people here don't believe much of anything you say.
I did but it didn't work out. If she meant serious relationship, then yes I haven't had one in 6 months. People on here not believing what I say is something I don't lose sleep over. FYI, if I did get a girlfriend nobody on here would know.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:05 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I did but it didn't work out. If she meant serious relationship, then yes I haven't had one in 6 months. People on here not believing what I say is something I don't lose sleep over.
At least you're trying. Dating-wise, I mean.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:08 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
I did but it didn't work out. If she meant serious relationship, then yes I haven't had one in 6 months. People on here not believing what I say is something I don't lose sleep over. FYI, if I did get a girlfriend nobody on here would know.
I remember you mentioned her all excited mate, sorry to hear I didn't work out better luck next time

Old 01-06-2016, 04:13 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What about, just for the heck of it, talking to women who approach you, anyway? Just to see what they're about, enjoy a conversation with someone (who knows, one or two might turn out to be really interesting), pass the time, and be polite? Just as an experiment? It doesn't mean you have to spend an evening with them or even much of your time at all, but 20 minutes of being sociable wouldn't hurt, unless some turn out to be miserably boring. I know you said you have to find something physically attractive about a woman to be into her, but I'm just saying, have some chit-chat (what else do you have to do with your time?), to see if something interesting turns up in the conversation. No obligations, when you're done, just say, "It's been nice talking to you, maybe I'll see you around', and move on. You never know, you might get a good business contact out of it, or you may discover an interesting person.

Just a thought. Just a wild, crazy thought.
I've been open to that. The thing is that once I've rejected these women, they haven't really been open to being just friends.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Yeah the few women in 35 years that have showed any interest in me I haven't been physically attracted to at all..

I probably am not attractive enough to get a women I'm physically attracted to but if rather be alone my whol life then try to force myself to be with a women I have no attraction to ..

Old 01-06-2016, 12:42 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think you are c*ckblocking yourself.

You are scared of a relationship. If you approach a woman, you already have rejection in your head. So you will be rejected either because YOU already send out that vibe OR you are going for women above your level. And then afterwards you complain about it. That feels safe and familiar to you because it has happened several times.

A woman who approaches YOU, obviously would NOT reject you. This scares you and you don't know what to do other than reject her. Because you are scared to get in a relationship, it feels unfamiliar, and you wonder what is wrong with her that she wants you.

I think I'll print out a fake psychologist certificate now.
I totally agree with you Fake Doctor oh-eve. There is a significant fear of intimacy here. He is not actually scared of rejection, but acceptance. He has set these strict rules: No marriage. No kids. Because both of those situations would require him to commit to exposing and revealing himself completely to others (and he doesn't like what he thinks they will see.)

Further, he will be vulnerable to loving someone deeply--a lifetime partner, a child--who might leave, change or die. Scary.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

Can anyone give their opinion of why I've had this hangup about being asked out?

Because you don't want to actually date someone.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:50 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I remember you mentioned her all excited mate, sorry to hear I didn't work out better luck next time
Yeah I'll try elsewhere. Lesson is don't let your friend's wife set you up on a date lol.

Last edited by 49ersfan27; 01-06-2016 at 12:58 PM..

Old 01-06-2016, 12:54 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Yeah I'll try elsewhere.
Good man

Trust me a defeatist attitude won't do anyone any good, only a positive one will suffice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships