Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 01:44 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I made this post to hopefully give inspiration to other people that are single. Yeah, it's going to suck at times, but it's also a time in your life where you can be selfish and really focus on yourself and your wants. Sometimes things happen because we still need to make improvements in our lives. I whole-heartedly believe there's still some rocks left unturned in my life that I need to put some focus on.

Stay positive my friends.
Aww, man, I'm sorry you had a break-up. I got all when I saw your name under the headline.

But you sound like you're on it, and that's awesome.

I'll add that being single never sucks for me, once I'm over a break-up. That's not to one up, but that I really don't have any sad times about it, so I don't know that it will suck at times for everyone, and probably not for you, either, because you have a lot planned for your future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 01:58 PM

1,185 posts, read 804,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Another relationship I was in came to an end over the weekend. Even though it only lasted 4 months, it was one where I learned the most. With me turning 32 in a couple of weeks and her being 26, she wants to take some time to be selfish and focus on her career. She's an RA Director for a local university and is over student life for the Junior/Senior apartments. Our issues were focused around finances and me no longer wanting to be that involved in the college life. I know some people miss college and the freedom, but it's something I don't miss one bit. Being my age and being around 18-22 year olds all the time got really old in a hurry. The woman I was with was great and very sweet, we just wanted different things at this moment.

What I noticed after going through this situation, I don't think I want to pursue anyone with serious intent for a while. I'm going to seriously put some thought into making some type of change in my life. Whether it be where I live or how I live. As much as it stinks that I'm single again, this is the first time I've ever ended up single and just didn't dread it. I'll have bouts of loneliness, but I feel like this was as an amicable break up as it could be. I couldn't argue with her wanting to be selfish and focus on her career, because when I was her age, I was elbows deep in singledom. I had no time for a relationship as I was trying to finish up my college degree and focus on my career as well.

I knew when we got together it was going to be tough, but I also knew, whether we work out or not, I was going to learn more valuable information. So as 2016 starts, I plan to take the year and focus on myself. I dated around a lot from 2014 - 2015, and I really got tired of the Peter Pan process. I really got tired of constantly going through the interview process. I really want to focus on myself for a while and really lay some ground rules to what I'm ultimately after. I'm not getting any younger and I've pretty much decided that I don't want children, so that is off the table. I'm excited for what I will accomplish this year in my personal life and my career. Single wasn't what I was expecting, but single this time doesn't hurt as bad as single did all the other times.

I made this post to hopefully give inspiration to other people that are single. Yeah, it's going to suck at times, but it's also a time in your life where you can be selfish and really focus on yourself and your wants. Sometimes things happen because we still need to make improvements in our lives. I whole-heartedly believe there's still some rocks left unturned in my life that I need to put some focus on.

Stay positive my friends.
You said it right weezer, good attitude to have. In any relationship you learn something, you discover yourself, you mature in away as to see I this is the right person. And when it is not, you move on in a good way.

People are generally to obsessed to be with someone. Some fear loneliness, but it's time you have to get to 'know' yourself and see where you want to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships