Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 04:54 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

I would lose my mind in a marriage where we were expected to shop and pay for our own food. We have a joint account for that. I also can't imagine shopping with my husband, watching him put a bunch of smoothie ingredients in the cart, and not commenting about it.

You have a lot of gripes about your husband with never anything nice to say. It always seems like you want everybody to comment on how horrible he is, yet you don't do anything about it. Why do you do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 04:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Is there a reason you two got married in the first place?
Do you ever have an actual conversation?
Does he do anything right?
Why don't you shop for the entire household?
Why can't you find a program that teaches you how to eat properly instead of all the fad diets that obviously do not help you and in the long run are going to make you very ill.
Is there a reason you are still married?

Old 01-22-2016, 04:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I would lose my mind in a marriage where we were expected to shop and pay for our own food. We have a joint account for that. I also can't imagine shopping with my husband, watching him put a bunch of smoothie ingredients in the cart, and not commenting about it.

You have a lot of gripes about your husband with never anything nice to say. It always seems like you want everybody to comment on how horrible he is, yet you don't do anything about it. Why do you do that?
I agree with everything. If my husband starting putting ingredients for my smoothies in the cart, I'd probably say something like, "Are you getting these for ME?" My husband does not drink my smoothies. Ever. He thinks they are gross. So, if he suddenly starting adding smoothie things to the cart - I would probably fall over out of shock. And I certainly wouldn't assume anything! Furthermore, we have joint everything so all this he pays I pay stuff is just totally foreign to me. And lastly, I can't imagine being married to someone that started weekly threads about how awful they thought I was.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
Hold up, hold up!!!!!

What post did you read and how are you insinuating that he's making all the decisions? This guy bought HIS food for HIS smoothies and now he's a tyrant? When she was doing the smoothie diet she never said that he used any of her stuff. He even told her that he didn't want to do it . . . . back then. Now, assuming that he saw how she lost weight he decided to finally get on board and she's mad because he bought HIM some stuff and she's mad because he didn't buy THEM some stuff, yet he's the problem here?
No YOU hold up!!!!!!

If you read my posts on the thread you will SEE that in my mind ( right or wrong ) the OP clearly has too much time invested into what her husband thinks and in doing so she's not making her OWN decisions

When the hell did I say he's the problem? He should be a bit more thoughtful hence my first sentence in my first post on this

And I for one can't see why your getting so hot and bothered over an effing smoothie! LMAO!

Old 01-22-2016, 05:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
I am guessing he went and filled his list because, once again, you are being totally and utterly unreasonable. Why should he think about you, you clearly refuse to give him any consideration. Part of being married is being cognizant of the others wants and needs. He is tired of not being heard, considered and thought of. It is a taste of your own medicine.

He is tired of your antics.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:04 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowed08 View Post
You guys just don't understand. I want us to be a couple but he feels that couples don't need to do everything together. I went on my diet and he was fine with that but I asked him if he wanted to do it with me. Now that he's starting his I thought he was doing it for us and not just him. What kind of man only thinks about himself?
They don't. Take some responsibility for your own self and get on a sensible eating plan. Stop relying on others to make you happy.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:05 PM

161 posts, read 105,201 times
Quote:

A) Not every married couple have a joint account. I know a lot of couples who got married and kept their own accts yet they come together and pay the bills.

B) The problem is this. She was with him in the store and while he was putting items in the shopping cart it sounds like that not one time did she ask or comment on anything he was putting in the buggy. That would have been the time to say, "oh, are you buying that for me?" Then he could have said, "no, I'm thinking about doing the smoothie diet myself." SHE assumed and that was the problem. So, if a husband is out and he stops at the store to get something to drink because he's thirsty he's suppose to always think of her and ASSUME she wants something to drink too. When he goes to lunch should he always assume that his wife is hungry too and call her at work to see if she wants something to eat? Why do couples ALWAYS have to think about their spouse when they do anything? If you're together and he stops for something to drink that's one thing, but if he's by himself and he's thirsty should he always assume she's thirsty too?

Old 01-22-2016, 05:08 PM

161 posts, read 105,201 times
Quote:

What's wrong with buying and paying for your own food? They went shopping and it was his pay week so of course he paid for his own food. He wanted to do the smoothie diet so he bought his stuff. So, if you and your husband are out and he wants something do you just pay for it all the time? Hell, I would never take my wallet with me if I was dating you.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:09 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times
He's probably planning to get into shape for when he decides to leave you and put himself back on the market.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwebster View Post
What's wrong with buying and paying for your own food? They went shopping and it was his pay week so of course he paid for his own food. He wanted to do the smoothie diet so he bought his stuff. So, if you and your husband are out and he wants something do you just pay for it all the time? Hell, I would never take my wallet with me if I was dating you.
If it was his pay week - then wouldn't he be paying for food for the both of them? Or do they only eat every other week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships