Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:56 AM

203 posts, read 511,672 times

Advertisements

Hi all.
I just turned 50. I am divorced after 28 years. I've been on a few dating sites including senior sites. I am having a problem. Seems no matter what age the "men" are, all they want is a booty call, even on the christian sites.
I go to church and everyone is married. Now, I'm not saying I'm a bible beater, far from it. I thought maybe I might find an old fashioned man, with respect for the female race.
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself and who in God's name thinks a woman wants to see a pic of a guy's junk? Whatever happened to some mystery and actually getting to know each other first?
I am at a total loss. Where did the respect go?

Old 01-21-2016, 10:59 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I am having a problem. Seems no matter what age the "men" are, all they want is a booty call, even on the christian sites.
mmhmm.

Quote:
I thought maybe I might find an old fashioned man, with respect for the female race.
You mean the kind Christian women used to submit to, back in the 40's?

yeah, I wonder what happened to all that.

Quote:
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself and who in God's name thinks a woman wants to see a pic of a guy's junk? Whatever happened to some mystery and actually getting to know each other first?
Total mystery!

I mean obviously men are supposed to respect all women regardless of the circumstances, while women are supposed to submit to the man's authority like the Bible says.

It's really hard to imagine why that stopped being a social norm.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:03 AM

426 posts, read 370,992 times
I mean are you picky other than what you just describe, it seems you want men to make the move but you should actively look as well.
Im not sure and don't quite understand the mystery part but im pretty sure theres always someone out there for someone.
Try another Church?
If your going to be more selective, look actively as well.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:06 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Happy birthday, Adoptstrays!

In your/our age group (I'm 48) you will see a whole lot of divorcees...guys who have emotional as well as other baggage. And I think much of the time (definitely not always), divorcees get this "NOW it's ME time" attitude...for a little while (until they get used & hurt back). It's sort of a self-defense type thing: "Oh no, I'm not crying, see how this is so much fuuuuuuuun!" and trying to poink anything and everything.

I don't actually think there's more of that today than in yesteryear, though. I think we just SEE it more today because we literally have hundreds or thousands of people to swipe left or right now. So in total we'll be seeing "more" people with this attitude.

Keep going, keep dating, keep your perspective and try to have fun...IMO this is something you just can't force or make happen any sooner...I'll just say that my FIL met the love of his life in his 70s (she's in her 60s) after having been a widow for several years...but you can't rush it and if the guys you're meeting need to go through this phase, then let them (with other women), while you move on to the next prospect.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:08 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself and who in God's name thinks a woman wants to see a pic of a guy's junk?

Well, more than a few women do.

And more than a few guys have gotten dates / hook ups out of it.

Sadly, I don't have the bait to make that fishing technique work, but hey, each to their own.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Hi all.
I just turned 50. I am divorced after 28 years. I've been on a few dating sites including senior sites. I am having a problem. Seems no matter what age the "men" are, all they want is a booty call, even on the christian sites.
I go to church and everyone is married. Now, I'm not saying I'm a bible beater, far from it. I thought maybe I might find an old fashioned man, with respect for the female race.

Welcome to dating in the 2000's!

Patience, patience, patience - once you weed out all the weirdos, there are a few good ones in between. I can take some time, though.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:15 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I'm thankful that I'm not dating in recent times.... the whole OLD world seems messed up.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:17 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Sadly, I don't have the bait to make that fishing technique work, but hey, each to their own.
I LOL'd. I LOL'd harder after I remembered that I have a buddy that does exactly this.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:20 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Hi all.
These guys let you know that they are not for you right off the bat! That is considerate of them!

Old 01-21-2016, 11:22 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

Lol fishing technique hahhahahahhahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.